Forum lists non existant unread tickets

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
chrisb
Veteran

Forum lists non existant unread tickets

Post by chrisb »

Since a couple of days I get on every search for unread posts two entries
Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-18 um 19.47.53.png
Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-18 um 19.47.53.png (95.05 KiB) Viewed 751 times
which don't exist if I follow the link:
Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-18 um 19.48.16.png
Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-18 um 19.48.16.png (26.81 KiB) Viewed 751 times
Anyone else experiencing this? I can probably get rid of them by marking the whole forum as read, but this wouldn't really fix anything.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
kisolre
Veteran

Re: Forum lists non existant unread tickets

Post by kisolre »

That was a tripple post at the time. User reported that he tried to delete the extra posts but seemed that he did not succeed.
Here is the last post with that explanation https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 39#p468162
edwilliams16
Veteran

Post by edwilliams16 »

I was posting with Chrome from my PC laptop. Clicking "submit" got no response from the forum, so I clicked again (twice, apparently). When I went back to my Mac, I saw I had in fact triple posted, so I deleted the last two - but then I saw the topic headers were still there. However when I clicked on the headers I got a "does not exist message" and couldn't delete them. Later, they disappeared, so I assumed the software had finally cleaned up or a sysop had fixed it.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Jim, does there something have to be cleaned up?
jmaustpc wrote: pinged by pinger macro
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

chrisb wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:55 pm Jim, does there something have to be cleaned up?
jmaustpc wrote: pinged by pinger macro

Hi Chris, I noticed this post a day or so ago, not sure what is going on, I will have a look and see if I can find anything... :)

Jim
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Thanks for looking! I had similar things during the last two weeks and resolved them all with marking the affected subforums as read. I leave this one until you tell me more (or less, haha!).
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

We once had the same problem and I found a solution like below:

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2155721
Since it would be tedious to delete 10k topics, I share another solution, that has actually worked:

open ACP -> forums -> open the forum in question -> click "resynchronize"

this has purged this ghosted topics.
Unfortunately, on the Install/Compile forum there is no such "Resynchronize" link but only in its sub-group Packaging. An alternative way is to access the forum from within the MCP. There you can select the phantom topics and delete them. This did the trick here.
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

wmayer wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:14 am Unfortunately, on the Install/Compile forum there is no such "Resynchronize" link
Ah, there is a yellow refresh button to do that.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Thanks, the issue is gone.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

I am back with another similar issue: In the list of tickets to be approved there are two non existant entries too. Link: https://forum.freecadweb.org/mcp.php?i= ... topics&f=8