Partially redundant constraints

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
kisolre
Veteran

Re: Partially redundant constraints

Post by kisolre »

abdullah wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:25 pm Kilsore was suggesting to use something green
First, it is "Kisolre" and here when you rename a person you have to buy him a shirt ;) :D
The green was the second option because in your last screenshot (gray background) and also here the text is not well readable so a more contrasting one should be better. And since it is not an actual error anything resembling red will be interpreted as such.
Message color.JPG
Message color.JPG (23.17 KiB) Viewed 715 times

Another thing with partially redundant constraints present - I found out that in the provided file if I can add some dimensional constraints and they neither cause errors nor are reported as redundant. Here is a short clip:
WrongConstraints.gif
WrongConstraints.gif (257.02 KiB) Viewed 715 times
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

I don't really mind the color if it is not black (could be ignored) nor green (could be taken for fully constrained).
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
abdullah
Veteran

Post by abdullah »

kisolre wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:36 pm
abdullah wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:25 pm Kilsore was suggesting to use something green
First, it is "Kisolre" and here when you rename a person you have to buy him a shirt ;) :D
Oh, so bad. I am admittedly dyslexic. In your case it might not have gone very bad. At the beginning I was reading "realhunter" instead of "realthunder". I will try to remap that consonant. :lol:
kisolre wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:36 pm The green was the second option because in your last screenshot (gray background) and also here the text is not well readable so a more contrasting one should be better. And since it is not an actual error anything resembling red will be interpreted as such.
chrisb wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:35 pm I don't really mind the color if it is not black (could be ignored) nor green (could be taken for fully constrained).
Ok. I committed royal blue. Let me know if that did not turn out right.
kisolre
Veteran

Post by kisolre »

NaviBlue looks better. I have some remains from a theme there but that just improves readability (despite being ugly :) ).
Attachments
NavyBlue warning.JPG
NavyBlue warning.JPG (28.99 KiB) Viewed 671 times