TechDraw contents destroyed when using FreeCAD 0.19 to open the file created by FreeCAD 0.18.

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Dunndeejones

TechDraw contents destroyed when using FreeCAD 0.19 to open the file created by FreeCAD 0.18.

Post by Dunndeejones »

TechDraw contents destoryed when using FreeCAD 0.19 to open the file created by FreeCAD 0.18.
However, you can quit without saving file to keep your 0.18 version in good condition.
freedman
Veteran

Re: TechDraw contents destoryed when using FreeCAD 0.19 to open the file created by FreeCAD 0.18.

Post by freedman »

Your probably getting a recompute and a topological renaming error, this can mess up drawings. If you really need to upgrade the model there are ways, you will need to modify your Sketches and connect them to standard planes. There is also a macro that lets you remap one sketch at a time. You will loose parametrics but you will have a very stable model and drawings.
chrisb
Veteran

Re: TechDraw contents destoryed when using FreeCAD 0.19 to open the file created by FreeCAD 0.18.

Post by chrisb »

I second freedman's guess. To know more we need a preferably simple file showing the issue.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Dunndeejones

Post by Dunndeejones »

freedman wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:05 am Your probably getting a recompute and a topological renaming error, this can mess up drawings. If you really need to upgrade the model there are ways, you will need to modify your Sketches and connect them to standard planes. There is also a macro that lets you remap one sketch at a time. You will loose parametrics but you will have a very stable model and drawings.
I did nothing to the file. I just open it and find the contents destroyed. I need to delete the TechDraw page and rebuild it from sketch.