Split works great on lines but not so good on Arcs

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
degarb

Split works great on lines but not so good on Arcs

Post by degarb »

Is there any way to split an arc?

I have a 20 inch arc that I did a few days ago. I decided to add some tabs at random intervals.

Now, I am worried that the laser will cut off my tabs, unless I split my arch to erase the line between the tab and the arc.

But, boy, it sure would be easier if split worked on the arc. I am not bringing up any way to split it in google or the docs.
degarb

Re: Split works great on lines but not so good on Arcs

Post by degarb »

oddly, if I copy and paste the big arc and try to type in new starting and stopping angles, it doesn't change the arc at all. Still the same as the orgiginal.

THis is problematic, because I am no longer able to draw the same exact arc. I need to be able to manually type in and tweak the arc center, starting angle and end angle. It is like a bug, that it doesn't change when I fluff the numbers.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

I don't understand what you mean by "tab", but it sounds anyway as if your file has more problems than some trimming. Without the file this remains pure guesswork.

BTW, is this still the same pizza project with yet another topic?
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Bance
Veteran

Post by Bance »

It's the same pizza different toppings :lol:
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Bance wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:06 pm It's the same pizza different toppings :lol:
:lol:
I am resigning from this, because I still have no clue what this model is all about.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
papyblaise
Veteran

Post by papyblaise »

It is not enough to change the title, if you ask the same question as many times on all the forums as you want, without a file we are unable to understand what you want