scaling

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
drmacro
Veteran

Re: scaling

Post by drmacro »

degarb wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:45 pm design. Opened a body, created a sketch, but cant draw on it because of a parameter dialiog where nothing seem to be documented or is able to dismiss or click anything.
with an open sketch, you click the line icon (it's white with red dots on each end) and then click at 2 places. BAM there's a line.

can you post a picture this "parametric dialog".

...and try reading, at least, the first pdf in the link in my signature below.
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: Spock: "...His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking."
degarb

Post by degarb »

I open part design, new body then new sketch. I can’t draw anything.
“Invalid selection: There are no attachment modes that fit selected objects. Select something else. “ Then a Point Parameters task dialog .

I am only getting this error in 1.9, not 1.7. I can draw as normal in 1.7 in part design, at this stage in my exploration of freecad.

Sketcher everything is greyed out, in 19
edwilliams16
Veteran

Post by edwilliams16 »

degarb wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:47 pm “Invalid selection: There are no attachment modes that fit selected objects. Select something else. “
If you select something prior to opening a sketch, FreeCAD figures you want to attach the sketch to it somehow. If it makes no sense to attach to what you have selected, it will give the error.

If you just do what you said: start a document, go to Part Design, create a body, create a sketch, then you'll get a dialog asking what plane you want to sketch on. If that doesn't happen, you're installation is seriously screwed up.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Please don't spread your posts all over the place: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=58029
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.