Acorn Router Pro CNC software 4.46v & FreeCAD 0.19v

Here's the place for discussion related to CAM/CNC and the development of the Path module.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
lloxley016

Acorn Router Pro CNC software 4.46v & FreeCAD 0.19v

Post by lloxley016 »

Hello, eveyone

I.m using FreeCAD 0.19v :?:

After creating my project It gives me several different format to export my project. So i wondering, which would be the correct format To export. So the Acorn Router Pro CNC software can understand the g-code. This is Acorn==>format (*.cnc) it’s not in the option to export on FreeCAD. What other format can I use to export the project For centroid Acorn Router Pro 4.46v

other people said use *.NC , but also that not listed in FreeCAD

I will appreciate any help..

Thanks
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Acorn Router Pro CNC software 4.46v & FreeCAD 0.19v

Post by chrisb »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

You have to prepare your file in Path Workbench and export it from there using an appropriate postprocessor.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
lloxley016

Post by lloxley016 »

Thanks, i'll checkout
The Video from other's in the community are very hopeful.

Would they be a future CAM a add FreeCAD., Something like what fusion 360 has 2,5D 3D, cam in it.

I notice that alot USER from Fusion 360, Are now using FreeCAD. Not because it free, But because of all the good featue and potenial of programing. Plus a strong community behind.
Kunda1
Veteran

Post by Kunda1 »

Read up on the Path Workbench and check the path subforum to learn more about the Path/CAM developments.
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
Paula

Post by Paula »

lloxley016 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:11 am Thanks, i'll checkout
The Video from other's in the community are very hopeful.

Would they be a future CAM a add FreeCAD., Something like what fusion 360 has 2,5D 3D, cam in it.

I notice that alot USER from Fusion 360, Are now using FreeCAD. Not because it free, But because of all the good featue and potenial of programing. Plus a strong community behind.
CAM in FreeCAD is done in the Path workbench. You design your part in the Part Design workbench then switch to the Path workbench to define all your machining operations and generate the Gcode (which is NOT done by Export or Save As). Gcode files are just text files and you can usually use whatever file extension you like.
Aethenelle

Post by Aethenelle »

I know both the mach3_mach4 and centroid post processors mostly work for Acorn CNC. Neither output magic comments in the correct spot like Acorn expects (e.g., tool name right before a tool change) like either Fusion 360 or Solidworks (I forget which) does.

The centroid post-processor seems to be the most correct of the bunch but I don't know if modifying it as Acorn CNC expects would affect other Centroid products.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Aethenelle wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 10:51 pm The centroid post-processor seems to be the most correct of the bunch but I don't know if modifying it as Acorn CNC expects would affect other Centroid products.
You can modify it and store it under a new name, e.g. acorn_post.py.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.