Sketcher opening up in Perspective view - feature or bug?

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
tigrincs

Sketcher opening up in Perspective view - feature or bug?

Post by tigrincs »

Originally, whenever I made a new sketch, it opened up a new view in ortho view, which is pretty convenient to lay out your design in 2D. Lately I switched to 0.19 from 0.18 and sketcher opens up a perspective view, which is, at least to me, not exactly useful. I cannot remember exactly when this change happened, but I think, after the update, but I'm not 100% sure. I haven't tried reinstalling FreeCad, I did however try the 0.18 and it did not solve the problem. I don't know if this is a bug or a feature and I haven't had the time to dig deep, but constanty needing to change to ortho drives me nuts. Any ideas, workarounds, preference-changes for this issue? Thx!
tigrincs

Re: Sketcher opening up in Perspective view - feature or bug?

Post by tigrincs »

Making some progress here… I reinstalled it, but saved the prefs and made a backup, then deleted them. The fresh install works as intended (sketch opens an ortho view). Then restored the backup prefs, still works fine (so it's not the prefs). My next guess was some addons, but after reinstalling them, it still works fine. Mysterious. Well, I guess, problem solved and I'm only talking to myself, but maybe this post will help somebody having the same issue. :)
Roy_043
Veteran

Re: Sketcher opening up in Perspective view - feature or bug?

Post by Roy_043 »

Maybe you accidentally switched to?:
Std_PerspectiveCamera