Today i tried again to create this part and i think a found a way to do it. I don't know if there's a better way doing it in freecad or if i've been using some features that are better avoided using (as with 'thickness'
) as i am pretty new to freecad but maybe that's a way to create a plastic part for injection molding:
1. the inner shape of the plastic part was created as solid in part design WB including outer draft and fillets
2. the outer faces were put into a shape binder
3. an offset of the shape binder was created in part WB
4. the spaces between the faces of the shape binder and the offset were connected/closed with the fill command in surface WB
5. the surface model was converted into a solid in curves WB
6. the cutouts on the sides were created using a hexahedron shape an the boolean command from part WB
7. the remaining draft and fillets were added in part design WB
Would be great if someone could leave a short reply if that's a reliable solution of creating this part or if there are things that should be better made another way.