Using the "What's this" tool

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
John4769

Using the "What's this" tool

Post by John4769 »

As an inexperienced user, I rely on the "What's this" tool frequently. After replacing version 0.18 with version 0.19, I find it no longer works. I get an error message instead. I researched downloading help documentation files but that only referenced version 0.18 only. the error message start: "Error creating collection file 'c/Program Files/FreeCAD 0.19/doc\freecad/freeced\freecad.qhc': Cannot create directory: C:,......at which point it disappeared off the right end of the screen. Sorry but I am not yet that good at collecting screen shots or sharing screen information in general. My question is: Are the necessary files to make the "what's this" tool work available for version 0.19 and if so, how do I get them on my computer.

Thanks, John
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Using the "What's this" tool

Post by chrisb »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Please attach your full FreeCAD info as described in the IMPORTANT forum rules linked above. The documentation is not shipped with every development version, but should be included in the stable versions, e.g. 0.19.1.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.