Hidden Line Properties In Techdraw

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Bingo

Hidden Line Properties In Techdraw

Post by Bingo »

When I print my drawing the dashes in the hidden lines print as solid lines. I need to change the properties so the dashes are spaced out more but can't find where to do that. Please can someone help.

Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.19.24276 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: releases/FreeCAD-0-19
Hash: a88db11e0a908f6e38f92bfc5187b13ebe470438
Python version: 3.8.6+
Qt version: 5.15.1
Coin version: 4.0.1
OCC version: 7.5.0
Locale: English/New Zealand (en_NZ)
Willem
Veteran

Re: Hidden Line Properties In Techdraw

Post by Willem »

In the Preferences select Annotations and change the Line width group. This will change the setting for new lines you draw and the existing lines do not change. It is so designed that the Line width group match with a paper size like A1 or A4. unfortunately you must change this preference setting every time you change paper format and this value is not part of the Template you choose
justacec

Post by justacec »

Does this answer the question? I thought the question was more style (dash vs solid) and not line width centered. I am also trying to figure out how to set this setting as I am getting solid lines for hidden lines and it is making my drawings confusing.
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

Bingo wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 12:15 am When I print my drawing the dashes in the hidden lines print as solid lines. I need to change the properties so the dashes are spaced out more but can't find where to do that. Please can someone help.
Hard to say without a sample, but I would guess that there are multiple hidden lines superimposed, and the marks of one are covering the spaces of another. You could try selecting one of the "solid" lines and using TechDraw_DecorateLine to make the selected line invisible. That should let the other line show.

We don't have the ability to adjust the spacing of the marks and spaces.