FreeCAD does not satisfy you, go your way.

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
chrisb
Veteran

Re: FreeCAD does not satisfy you, go your way.

Post by chrisb »

duckmug wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:04 am Oh I see, in that case I agree that it makes no sense to buy a Honda car and complain that it doesn't work identically the same with a Toyota, if that's the kind of thing we are talking about.
It is worse than that: It is like getting a new Honda fro free and then complaining that it doesn work like the non-free Toyota.
heda wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:59 am there is the saying "RTM", but there are people that just will not do that, or even if they do, they will miss some important instruction or detail - I see that as part of reality. Not everyone interprets Shakespeare the same and not all think he is a great writer. The world does not go under over that, but it can make life a bit more interesting...
People not reading the manual will not read a user FAQ, nor a dedicated forum.

And Shakespeare's sonnets are among the very best, even for me as a non native speaker.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
thomas-neemann
Veteran

Post by thomas-neemann »

chrisb wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:48 pm ...
It is worse than that: It is like getting a new Hnda fro free and then complaining that it doesn work like the non-free Toyota.
for me, freecad is like a free v8 jeep (lots of options, lots of fun). but it doesn't have the comfort of a purchased rolls royce

Bildschirmfoto_2021-06-13_17-50-18.png
Bildschirmfoto_2021-06-13_17-50-18.png (117.54 KiB) Viewed 1121 times
Gruß Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Thomas Neemann

https://www.youtube.com/@thomasneemann5 ... ry=freecad
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Except that it's not a V8, but rather a solar driven Jeep with no running expenses. :D
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
freedman
Veteran

Post by freedman »

Maybe a better analogy is an airplane. This requires more skill and training prior to using it. Just about anyone can jump in a jeep and drive away but a small plane, you will need proven skill before you can fly. Actually, the whole 3D thing plays along pretty well also. I would rank FreeCAD as a dual-engine at this point, it will get a jet engine when topo-naming is fixed.
jmaustpc
Veteran

Post by jmaustpc »

heda wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:59 am deep breath and relax jpg87,
summer is here and why not arrange some good food and wine, simple things to take your mind off fc :-)
Huh! Summer! Yeah right, we just had a cold snap hit Australia coming up from Antarctica, it's winter here, we just had the heaviest snow fall for very many years. My paddocks were all white, a large gum tree tree fell across my fence and flattened it, kids had two days off school due to snow, the hwy was closed for a a few hours where it comes up the hill, several large trucks were stuck one of which had skidded across the road. :D
papyblaise
Veteran

Post by papyblaise »

your kangaroos, seen the size of their feet are armed for ski competitions :lol: :lol:
heda
Veteran

Post by heda »

huh, winter, well maybe even better for a snack and a sip of wine, maybe throw in a fireplace into the picture as well :D
hope you get to throw some snowballs to lighten things up ;)
apper001

Post by apper001 »

Did a minimal survey about what other CAD packages (with ALL the options please..) cost PER YEAR.... :P

Resumé: FreeCAD is Free, looks good and does the Job. Now it is up to you.