Error on "Run macro at start up"

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
freedman
Veteran

Error on "Run macro at start up"

Post by freedman »

I get this report error: Also shows the version I'm running.

Code: Select all

During initialization the error "name 'Toggle1_1' is not defined" occurred in C:\Current FreeCAD\FreeCAD_weekly-builds-24910-Win-Conda_vc14.x-x86_64\Mod\MacroStartup\InitGui.py

I have my macro "Toggle1_1.py" in the MacroStartup folder and the added "run()" statement is in it, just like what the directions said. Here is a listing of the InitGui but It's not very clear in the instructions what should be put in the "Important" section at the bottom, this is what I did:

def runMacroStartup(name):
    #Do not run when NoneWorkbench is activated because UI isn't yet completely there
    if name != "NoneWorkbench":
        #Run macro only once by disconnecting the signal at first call
        FreeCADGui.getMainWindow().workbenchActivated.disconnect(runMacroStartup)
        ##Following 2 lines shall be duplicated for each macro to run
        import Toggle1_1
        Toggle1_1.run()

##The following 2 lines are important because InitGui.py files are passed to the exec() function...
##...and the runMacro wouldn't be visible outside. So explicitly add it to __main__
import __main__
__main__.runMacro = Toggle1_1

##Connect the function that runs the macro to the appropriate signal
FreeCADGui.getMainWindow().workbenchActivated.connect(Toggle1_1)
Any ideas what I messed up? Maybe someone could post their InitGui.py file.
Thanks
freedman
Veteran

Re: Error on "Run macro at start up"

Post by freedman »

I went back and started over. I put the two commands in my macro. I reloaded the default InitGui.py file in my my mod/macrostartup folder. I then renamed my macro "MySuperMacro" so there wouldn't be any confusion. It still doesn't work and I get this error:

During initialization the error "name 'runMacro' is not defined" occurred in C:\Current FreeCAD\FreeCAD_weekly-builds-24910-Win-Conda_vc14.x-x86_64\Mod\MacroStartup\InitGui.py
It does seem to get loaded but it does not run. Once FreeCAD is open if I try to start the macro locally I get a message that it's already running (and my local copy exits on a exception, then the macro starts working.
Help!