All the lines in my sketch are no longer attached.

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
bassamanator

All the lines in my sketch are no longer attached.

Post by bassamanator »

I can just grab a line and move it and it's not attached to the rest of the piece. This is not how it was before.

Is there a way to reattach all the lines together? I'm really struggling with this.

Thanks!
M4x
Veteran

Re: All the lines in my sketch are no longer attached.

Post by M4x »

Please have a look at the big red banner at the top and provide the missing information.

Regarding the fix of the current state, have a look at Sketcher_ConstrainCoincident.
Shalmeneser
Veteran

Post by Shalmeneser »

At some occasions, all my constrains dissapear and I don't know why.
You have to reconstrain all your sketch.

To constrain point over point :
* select points with box selection (from the left to the right).
* contrain them (shortcut C).

To constrain line horizontally :
* select a part of the line with box selection (from the right to the left).
* contrain them (shortcut H).

The same vertically (V).
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

bassamanator wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:44 am Is there a way to reattach all the lines together?
Use the Sketch validation tool to find and repair missing coincidences.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
bassamanator

Post by bassamanator »

M4x wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:49 am
Oops I forgot. That link was useful. I didn't realize the direction when selecting with the mouse mattered.

Shalmeneser wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:31 am
Thanks!

chrisb wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:45 am Use the Sketch validation tool to find and repair missing coincidences.
This tool is a god send. Thanks, that worked beautifully! Is it possible to report this issue (if it hasn't already been reported). It's kind of a pain because, although I was able to repair the missing conincidences, all my dimensions I had to re-add.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

bassamanator wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:54 pm This tool is a god send. Thanks, that worked beautifully! Is it possible to report this issue (if it hasn't already been reported). It's kind of a pain because, although I was able to repair the missing conincidences, all my dimensions I had to re-add.
Can you reproduce it?
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
bassamanator

Post by bassamanator »

chrisb wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:00 am
bassamanator wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:54 pm This tool is a god send. Thanks, that worked beautifully! Is it possible to report this issue (if it hasn't already been reported). It's kind of a pain because, although I was able to repair the missing conincidences, all my dimensions I had to re-add.
Can you reproduce it?
Sorry, reproduce what exactly? I was able to reproduce the sketch, yes.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

bassamanator wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:51 am Sorry, reproduce what exactly? I was able to reproduce the sketch, yes.
In your first post you say ...
bassamanator wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:44 am This is not how it was before.
... so I concluded that you had a sketch with lots of constraints. And all of a sudden these constraints vanished. My question meant: can you reproduce this "all of a sudden"?
bassamanator

Post by bassamanator »

chrisb wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:01 am ... so I concluded that you had a sketch with lots of constraints. And all of a sudden these constraints vanished. My question meant: can you reproduce this "all of a sudden"?
I don't think I can reproduce this 'all of a sudden', the reason being that it was a file that I had not touched in a long time, and when I finally got back to it, the constraints were gone.

Excuse the late reply.
kisolre
Veteran

Post by kisolre »

bassamanator wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:02 am when I finally got back to it, the constraints were gone
Do you have a backup of that file? When the problem occurred did you write the problem file with a new name to preserve your original? If you have the original unmodified file please attach it here for investigation.