Grading my work and help on optimizations

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Grading my work and help on optimizations

Post by chrisb »

0xff0000 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:48 am Thanks to everyone for the great feedback
You're welcome. It is good to see that you really study the answers!
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Cekuhnen wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:27 pm I thought to have read that fillets improved in OCC but I guess based on what you said they still seem to be the weak part.
The fillets have been improved - although still having their weakness - but not what they are based on: the edges possibly changing their numbers by toponaming issues.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Cekuhnen

Post by Cekuhnen »

chrisb wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:17 am
Cekuhnen wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:27 pm I thought to have read that fillets improved in OCC but I guess based on what you said they still seem to be the weak part.
The fillets have been improved - although still having their weakness - but not what they are based on: the edges possibly changing their numbers by toponaming issues.
the association can always here and there break - if this happens in my commercial app it is not really a hard task to quickly fix that.
Even in sketches you can re-project and RealtThunder brought that into FreeCAD now too

I get the idea about modeling in a specific way to minimize - eliminate the TNI - but whats on your model this might not always also be that good while instead of referencing body or sketch edges using shared constraint expressions is very useful and a good alternative.

But also there you make an earlier big change and it could fall apart.
MacOS Big Sur / Win 10

Designer | Faculty
Wayne State University
Interior - Industrial Design