asking about tesselation again

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Cekuhnen

Re: asking about tesselation again

Post by Cekuhnen »

GeneFC wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:17 pm I believe this is another one of those language things that does not translate very well. English speaking Americans often misuse "we" in that context.
"We" as "us" the community. Nothing about American speaking English.

I think it was more openBrain thought that I was sharing this forum account with multiple people
That is a new one to me.
MacOS Big Sur / Win 10

Designer | Faculty
Wayne State University
Interior - Industrial Design
GeneFC
Veteran

Post by GeneFC »

Cekuhnen wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:57 pm I think it was more openBrain thought that I was sharing this forum account with multiple people
That is a new one to me.
That is exactly what I was addressing.

Gene
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Cekuhnen wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:57 pm "We" as "us" the community.
Let's finish this endless off topic justifying.

Cekuhnen, as you cannot control other forum members, just use in future posts the singular and ask what you can do. You joined the forum just two weeks ago, you flood the forum with new topics where you better had reused some of your existing and at least in some topics you could have been more thorough to keep the helpers less busy. I and other forum regulars did much more before starting to say "we".
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Cekuhnen

Post by Cekuhnen »

I don’t flood the forum - I am currently simply very active.

If that bothers you well sorry.

Your “I try to control others” comment is out of place.
Don’t make such silly assumptions or accusations.
MacOS Big Sur / Win 10

Designer | Faculty
Wayne State University
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Cekuhnen wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:57 pm Your “I try to control others” comment is out of place.
Don’t make such silly assumptions or accusations.
I never said you tried, but you cannot - as was pointed out before. You meant something different when you used "we" than others understood. So you should avoid it. That's hat I wanted to say. We both seem to be non native english speakers, let's at least try to avoid confusion.
And now we should go on if there are more things to discuss about the topic.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Cekuhnen

Post by Cekuhnen »

Ok got it

FYI while you folks complain about the amount of my forum activity I applied for the wiki access.

With “we” I was actually also considering you because in baby areas you know the facts.

I would be more than happy to ship in the tone to aggregate and write the wiki enhancement.

I noticed either many of your answers you give a pointer but not an example leading to questions asked again till the full picture is there.

In the end the addition to the wiki will factually but also with examples provider new users a better understanding and preventing confusion and questions common up against.

If you want to participate of course.
MacOS Big Sur / Win 10

Designer | Faculty
Wayne State University
GeneFC
Veteran

Post by GeneFC »

At the risk of being a bit pedantic, the use of the "Royal We" is very common in informal language. Strict grammarians shudder, of course, but ordinary folks would not even notice. Partly this is a bit of humility, because too much use of "I" is considered a bit unsociable

I am not making any comment about the content or the quantity of posts, only the use of "we".

As they supposedly say in Brooklyn, "fuhgeddaboudit."

Gene
Cekuhnen

Post by Cekuhnen »

GeneFC wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:14 am I am not making any comment about the content or the quantity of posts, only the use of "we".
Got it - no hard feelings
MacOS Big Sur / Win 10

Designer | Faculty
Wayne State University