FreeCAD crashes occasionally when opening

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
IseyGarfield

FreeCAD crashes occasionally when opening

Post by IseyGarfield »

Hello

I have been using FreeCAD for a few months now and I updated to V0.19 a bit over a month ago.

Lately I have been having an issue with FreeCAD where when I start the software, it gives the loading screen and then opens a blank screen and freezes. This happens about 90% of the time I run the software. I try a couple times to open the only "fix" I found was to uninstall and reinstall it, which isn't the best "fix". Restarting or shutting down my computer doesn't fix it either.

I don't remember having this issue with V0.18. The software is installed on an external so maybe it is a computer hardware issue. Has anyone else had this issue and a possible solution?

Thank you for your time.
Last edited by IseyGarfield on Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
chrisb
Veteran

Re: FreeCAD crashes occasionally when opening

Post by chrisb »

Please retest with the latest 0.20 version. If the issue persists, start from console and check fo rerror messages. Did you check the Known OS specific issues? If you want more help, attach your full FreeCAD info as described in the IMPORTANT forum rules linked above.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
TheMarkster
Veteran

Re: FreeCAD crashes occasionally when opening

Post by TheMarkster »

You might also try deleting your configuration files.

https://wiki.freecadweb.org/Macro_findConfigFiles