Extra wires after fuse operation?

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
otaolafr

Extra wires after fuse operation?

Post by otaolafr »

Hello,
I am new to freecad, hope it is a reasonable question,
I created a solid by python script that then I mirrored and fuse it with the previous created solid. what I find strange is that freecad keeps the internal wire of the face where the solid was mirrored(see the image). shouldnt this wire disapear? as after the fuse it is a complete cylinder, I am missing something?

https://imgshare.io/images/2021/08/04/Image1.png
Shalmeneser
Veteran

Re: Extra wires after fuse operation?

Post by Shalmeneser »

This page doesn't exist (for me).
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

I can't see it either.

Seams don't vanish automatically, you have to refine the object; and even then has a cylinder a seam.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
TheMarkster
Veteran

Post by TheMarkster »

Make sure the Refine property of the Fusion object is set to true.
otaolafr

Post by otaolafr »

chrisb wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:55 pm I can't see it either.

Seams don't vanish automatically, you have to refine the object; and even then has a cylinder a seam.
I am sorry about the immage! it is strange I can still see it even without being log... in any case it was exactly that that I was looking for! the refine! thanks a lot folks! :D
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

otaolafr wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:37 am I am sorry about the immage! it is strange I can still see it even without being log.
You probably authenticate automatically or you have it in the browser cache. To avoid such problems it is better to upload images here.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
otaolafr

Post by otaolafr »

chrisb wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:41 am
otaolafr wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:37 am I am sorry about the immage! it is strange I can still see it even without being log.
You probably authenticate automatically or you have it in the browser cache. To avoid such problems it is better to upload images here.
will keep in mind for the next time thanks a lot :) it is nice having a forum active and that people are nice too.
best regards
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

otaolafr wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:20 pm it is nice having a forum active and that people are nice too.
The forum is a mirror of user's behaviour.