[Solved] One transformed shape does not intersect support-create polar pattern tool

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
rek

Re: [Solved] One transformed shape does not intersect support-create polar pattern tool

Post by rek »

TheMarkster wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:33 am It has failed as the other has failed and for the same reason. The polar array elements must all intersect material from the same body. It matters not that the elements intersect material from another Body. Each Body must be a single contiguous solid at every step of the process.
boom! I reed that loud and clear. The warning message should add your line "Each Body must be a single contiguous solid" to it. Whenever possible, error messages should contain enough clues for an user to understand why the function could not be performed.

And thanks for the other tip Chrisb, I was thinking maybe a mirror function would help but that would cause the same problem. I will experiment with the other mode you mentioned. I read your sketcher tutorial pdf, I hope you find the inspiration to keep going with that since it's a work in progress and I hope it inspires more pdfs of that same level of detail.
chrisb
Veteran

Re: [Solved] One transformed shape does not intersect support-create polar pattern tool

Post by chrisb »

rek wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:31 pm I read your sketcher tutorial pdf, I hope you find the inspiration to keep going with that since it's a work in progress and I hope it inspires more pdfs of that same level of detail.
Thanks for the kind words. I'm currently working on an introductory document to FreeCAD. Pheew, quite a difficult task.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.