Problem Selecting Faces in TechDraw to Hatch

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
ALarsen1776

Problem Selecting Faces in TechDraw to Hatch

Post by ALarsen1776 »

I am trying to do a basic site plan drawing and have two questions:

1. I am using the sketcher workbench to draw and dimension all of the lines in the drawing. Once the sketch is complete, I then use the TechDraw workbench to insert a view of the sketch onto a template page. At this point all of the lines are continuous, black and the same width. I then use the "Change Appearance of Selected Lines" function to make the lines look the way I want (e.g. dashed, wider, dotted...).

This seems to work well for me but I would imagine there is a better way to do this. Is there is a workbench that lets you draw lines that already appear the way you want them?

2. Using the method described in my first question, I am trying to hatch certain faces of the view of my sketch in my TechDraw page. Most faces are individually selectable but some faces are messed up. By messed up, I mean that whatever method is used to determine a closed shape sometimes fails and highlights multiple regions as one face. I have redrawn the sketch multiple ways including making sure each face I want to hatch is completely enclosed by end to end line segments and not an intersection of lines. Is there a fix to this?

The first picture is an example of the faces being identified improperly.

The second picture shows how the entire bottom half of the view is considered a face but I only want to hatch the small region circled in red.
Attachments
FreeCad Face Hatch Issue 2.PNG
FreeCad Face Hatch Issue 2.PNG (170.67 KiB) Viewed 1158 times
FreeCad Face Hatch Issue 1.PNG
FreeCad Face Hatch Issue 1.PNG (253.27 KiB) Viewed 1158 times