Help pocket:cut out of base deature failed freecad

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Elcuadrado

Help pocket:cut out of base deature failed freecad

Post by Elcuadrado »

Greetings people, I have a problem. It's my first project in freecad. I'm making a box without following any guide, the problem is that I want to make a thread on the top to make a type of closure. I create the internal thread with a spiral and a triangle, then I continue creating a layer in the main object with shape binder, I adjust this object to the place where I want it to do the clipping and the clipping does not work, it remains very lagged and I have to close the program, I don't have hardware problems. I did tests in another project and it hangs but I end up getting the text: "pocket: cut out of base deature failed freecad".
I probably have quite a few errors in the structure of the whole project.

Can you make me help me?

If you need more iformation or somthing tell me.
Thanks,
Attachments
model1.FCStd
(441.94 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
model3.png
model3.png (55.43 KiB) Viewed 636 times
model2.png
model2.png (7.15 KiB) Viewed 636 times
Model.png
Model.png (72.06 KiB) Viewed 636 times
Cekuhnen

Re: Help pocket:cut out of base deature failed freecad

Post by Cekuhnen »

can you post your file ?
MacOS Big Sur / Win 10

Designer | Faculty
Wayne State University
Interior - Industrial Design
kisolre
Veteran

Post by kisolre »

Cekuhnen wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:48 pm can you post your file ?
File is there - before all the images.
Elcuadrado

Post by Elcuadrado »

If I added the file, I know that there are several things that may be something wrong but in principle everything works for me. In that part it is simply impossible for me to do it, if you know another way I would also be worth it for all the advice you can give me. :D :D
kisolre
Veteran

Post by kisolre »

The Binder002 lacks its support - you somehow removed it. Anyway the binder holds the geometry and after fixing some minor issues (malformed constraint in "abujero pequeño", edge of the fillet) and refining the last Pad007 boolean cut with the binder works.
There are a lot of things you should have made differently... Like why cut a hole and then plug it? Use attachment and offsets to position things, Always Fully constraint the sketches - and watch the solver messages - lower left angle of right rectangle in Sketch002 is not connected and works magically :)
Attachments
model1_kiss.FCStd
(867.73 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
Willem
Veteran

Post by Willem »

I see a lot of sketches are under constrained
Some sketches ( sketch002 and sketch003) have missing coincident constraints, I did not check all sketches
A lot of sketches are bound to faces, this is not good because of topological issues. Follow some tutorials to improve your skills.
Elcuadrado

Post by Elcuadrado »

I'm sure I made a mess and accidentally deleted it thinking it was another bindder.
Possibly I did the later cover it because I was not sure of the design and improvised it while doing it because I did't follow any guide.
Is there a way to tell at a glance what is wrong? or only with the validate sketch tool?

Thank you very much for the help, I will review the steps you followed and the resulting files that you left me to see if I am able to recreate it and make it work in the sketch I had.

ps: I like the way you visualize the object with transparencies, it seems much better to me :D :D .

Thanks a lot.
Shalmeneser
Veteran

Post by Shalmeneser »

I understand nothing of your file, but here my proposition.

You have to modify the last PartDesign_Hole :
Model Thread: if checked a real thread is modeled. This consumes much computing power and is usually not used for models, except for display purposes or sometimes for 3D prints. If it is used, it is advised to check it as one of the last actions done to the model, because recomputes increase significantly. (introduced in version 0.20)
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (26.89 KiB) Viewed 545 times
model1_kiss_SHALM.FCStd
(286.15 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
Elcuadrado

Post by Elcuadrado »

Thank you all for the help,
I managed to successfully carry out what Kisorle proposed. I was executing the boolean badly, I understand that was why it did not work for me. fix most files because they were badly formed.

I did not know about the Model Thread problem, I will check it to see if I can do better.

Thank you very much everyone <3