Mouse navigation selector missing

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Crosshair

Re: Mouse navigation selector missing

Post by Crosshair »

Crosshair wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:18 pm
drmacro wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:32 pm View>Status bar
I tried that.. the status bar comes up without the navigator.
Sorry, you are. Correct. Just got a little confused.
Thank you very much.
GeneFC
Veteran

Post by GeneFC »

Crosshair wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:35 pm I did when I started this thread. It’s the blue button on the bottom, in this case it says “Blender”. It’s attached to the report bar (panel).
Glad you got the navigation control back.

FYI, what you showed in the first post is not the "report" bar or panel. The Report Panel is a sub-window that shows error messages and other communications from the innards of the program. You can choose to show it via the menu item View > Panels. Generally quite useful to leave it open.

Gene
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Whenever you want to go back to the plain vanilla status, you can reset the configuration with the button in the preferences. Another possibility is to delete your config files or to move them in case you want to restore them.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
martonmiklos

Post by martonmiklos »

Just for the shake of posterity:

I also ran into this on one of my machines. (I use Ubuntu 20.04 on several other machines, where the navigation selector just appeared fine.
Tried the following:
- Neither stable nor daily had the navigation selector
- Cleaning user data did not helped.

However today I noticed an error in the report plane: some initialization python scripts failed with:

Code: Select all

08:35:37  During initialization the error "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.15' not found (required by /home/mm/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/PyQt5/QtCore.abi3.so)" occurred in /usr/share/freecad/Mod/Arch/InitGui.py
08:35:37  Please look into the log file for further information
08:35:38  During initialization the error "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.15' not found (required by /home/mm/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/PyQt5/QtCore.abi3.so)" occurred in /usr/share/freecad/Mod/Tux/InitGui.py
08:35:38  Please look into the log file for further information
08:35:38  During initialization the error "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.15' not found (required by /home/mm/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/PyQt5/QtCore.abi3.so)" occurred in /usr/share/freecad/Mod/Draft/InitGui.py
08:35:38  Please look into the log file for further information
08:35:40  During initialization the error "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.15' not found (required by /home/mm/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/PyQt5/QtCore.abi3.so)" occurred in /usr/share/freecad/Mod/AddonManager/InitGui.py
08:35:40  Please look into the log file for further information
It is very weird: 20.04 ships with Qt 5.12, so it looks like something is messed up with my pyqt installation.
martonmiklos

Post by martonmiklos »

My assumption was correct: removing the /home/mm/.local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/PyQt5 solved the issue.