Changing Icon Colours

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Vagulus

Re: Changing Icon Colours

Post by Vagulus »

Bance wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:48 pm No idea if you modified all that are necessary.
I corrected the name for Sketcher_ToggleDrivingConstraint and all is well with that one but I have no such luck with Radius and Diameter:
210907 Sketcher_ConstrainRadius.png
210907 Sketcher_ConstrainRadius.png (6.61 KiB) Viewed 1452 times
and
210907 Sketcher_ConstrainDiameter.png
210907 Sketcher_ConstrainDiameter.png (6.95 KiB) Viewed 1452 times
Their names are correct. Is there another subfolder for these two? No doubt it is something that simple. I wish I knew how the referencing system works but I am a User of software not a Creator of software.
Bance wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:48 pm Sorry for the confusion over windoze directories, I have refused to have anything to do with that software for more than 20 years.
I'm the opposite. ;) I was subjected to UNIX from '92 to '96 and have managed to avoid it since. Likewise (where I could not avoid it) 'C' and its spawn (all of which I have used - I just don't like them). I guess much of our confusion (frustration) was that you were sending UNIX Directories and I was creating Windoze Folders. :o :oops: No matter. It's in the rear vision mirror now, I guess we will both be wide awake to that issue should it rear its ugly head again.
"It is much harder to simplify than to complicate."
Joseph Kimble
Vagulus

Post by Vagulus »

This is a plaintive plea. It comes from my long-time aversion to leaving a job half-done and that is what I have here.

After a protracted pursuit of the means to the end Bance found me a way to change the icons in the Sketcher Constraints toolbar. This has been successful for most of the icons. My modified icons (a set is attached) have white borders to contrast the the dark theme background.
210908 Sketcher_Constraints Toolbar.png
210908 Sketcher_Constraints Toolbar.png (24.8 KiB) Viewed 1385 times
The two icons for the drop-down menu, Sketcher_ConstrainRadius.svg and Sketcher_ConstrainDiameter.svg, have not been changed.

Now, they are functional so this does not stop me using FC Sketcher workbench, but they are annoying! :(

Would someone please put me out of my misery and tell me (in PC-speak) how to change these two pesky, recalcitrant icons.

Thanks
Attachments
constraintsLight.zip
(55.93 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
Joseph Kimble
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Do you know how to work with Inkscape?
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Vagulus

Post by Vagulus »

chrisb wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:20 am Do you know how to work with Inkscape?
I have Inkscape. :?
Joseph Kimble
Bance
Veteran

Post by Bance »

You haven't changed all the required icons.

See screenshot:-
Snip macro screenshot-04e289.png
Snip macro screenshot-04e289.png (102.92 KiB) Viewed 1285 times
Vagulus

Post by Vagulus »

Hi Bance
For some reason that Radius icon you have selected does not appear in the Icon Themes --> constraintsLight you sent - well, not named constrain arc ... or something similar. I am guessing that there is another like it that looks like the Diameter icon. Can you please tell me the full name of each of those two icons. If you can find them (and I can't - I checked the originals available with the Source Code) please post the icons themselves.

I am thinking that if I change the names of the icons I have to the names of the icons I should have then they will do the decent thing and appear in the drop-down menu. That's worth a try. :D

Thanks
Joseph Kimble
Vagulus

Post by Vagulus »

Vagulus wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:32 am For some reason that Radius icon you have selected does not appear in the Icon Themes --> constraintsLight you sent - well, not named constrain arc ... or something similar.
This should read "For some reason that Radius icon you have selected does not appear in the Icon Themes --> constraintsLight - well, not named constrain arc ... or something similar. "

I don't know how the you sent got in there. Anyway, if I pull up Icon Themes for constraintsLight in the version I have, the icons you pictured do not appear. Probably something to do with the Unix/Windows thing.
Joseph Kimble
Bance
Veteran

Post by Bance »

Open Accessories>Iconthemeslegacy, (constraintslight in the top left box) and press the 'D' button.

find the icon and select it in the window, look at the top right you can see the proper name for the icon. (Basically as the screenshot :lol: :lol: :lol: )

I used the modified icon set you posted, so you didn't modify this one.
Bance
Veteran

Post by Bance »

If you just add the modified icon to the appropriate folder and it doesn't work, it might require to be re-compiled. Ask back.
Vagulus

Post by Vagulus »

Bance wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:54 am Open Accessories>Iconthemeslegacy, (constraintslight in the top left box) and press the 'D' button.

find the icon and select it in the window, look at the top right you can see the proper name for the icon. (Basically as the screenshot :lol: :lol: :lol: )
Accessories --> Icon Themes Legacy --> constraintsLight gives me a range of icons which does not include the one selected at https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic. ... 25#p531925.

Clicking the 'D' button gives me the range of icons as I modified them with Inkscape. Selecting one of them does not show its name.

I am not making this up! ;) Please send me the correct name for that icon you had selected in your screenshot. I'll try using that name.

It can't be any worse! :oops: ;)
Joseph Kimble