FreeCAD won't let me make something?

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
chrisb
Veteran

Re: FreeCAD won't let me make something?

Post by chrisb »

And how about the mouse model (third call in this topic).
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Roy_043
Veteran

Post by Roy_043 »

chrisb wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:54 pmmouse model
That page has been renamed. The word "model" caused too much confusion. You should update your "standard links" file...
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

I will try to remember, although I usually try the links before posting and this one still works. The new name doesn't follow the usual convention of using capitalized words. I would like to have this unified, because until now it is - except very few cases - very consistent.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
jeno
Veteran

Post by jeno »

Prutz wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:30 pm In the video I used the touchpad.. But also a normal mouse connected isn't doing anything. :cry:
GeneFC asked for the mouse model you are using.
And, according to the video, you use OpenInventor which is quite unusal. Selection there is Ctrl+Left mouse button.

Regards
Roy_043
Veteran

Post by Roy_043 »

chrisb wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:20 am The new name doesn't follow the usual convention of using capitalized words.
Actually page names should use sentence case. Sadly very few Wiki editors seem to bother reading WikiPages.
GeneFC
Veteran

Post by GeneFC »

Roy_043 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:05 am That page has been renamed. The word "model" caused too much confusion.
The huge flaw in wikis. Anyone can decide to make a change, whether it makes sense in all languages or not. :?

Gene
Roy_043
Veteran

Post by Roy_043 »

GeneFC wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:41 pm The huge flaw in wikis
FYI: I have renamed the page. :mrgreen:
GeneFC
Veteran

Post by GeneFC »

Roy_043 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:44 pm FYI: I have renamed the page. :mrgreen:
Sorry, I should not have picked on that particular issue. :oops:

I was a bit annoyed this morning when a new FC user got wiki permission and just wrote something in the wiki that was totally wrong. Group contributions are intrinsically good, but sometimes changes get made that should not be made.

As you probably know, up to 3 or 4 years ago the wiki was under a bit tighter control, and was often quite out of date. I think you and others have done a great job in making the wiki a really solid resource.

The FC code is tightly controlled of course, but I don't have a suggestion for controlling the wild ones on the wiki.

Gene
Prutz

Post by Prutz »

chrisb wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:52 am Have a look at the Mouse Models and check if one of them works.

I'm so sorry that I didn't got what you meant the first time... Having a tough week with Linux lots of things didn't work and took a lot of energy and losing my focus. I did had a look and saw the mouse select displayed and thought it was right. But now with a fresh view I looked again and saw the text underneath says click and Crtl like what Jeno mentioned. Now I changed it to Blender and now it works! Thank you so much for the patience folks.. :D
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Roy_043 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:27 pm Actually page names should use sentence case. Sadly very few Wiki editors seem to bother reading WikiPages.
There was a discussion about this, and IIRC it was just vocx who wanted to change it. So he wrote it there and you got trapped. It might have been ok, if he had changed all the page names, but the mixed stuff is a mess.