"Link not restored" - Where is the link to the other file? Can't find it

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!

"Link not restored" - Where is the link to the other file? Can't find it

Post by 1051493 »

Hello FreeCAD-community,
I have a little problem with linking and assembly in FreeCAD.
When I open this assembly "toolhead" I get an error message "link not restored" from some sub-shape binders. My problem is that I don't know why the assembly / sub-shape binders are linked to the other file, because theoretically they are only binders between objects in this assembly and not to objects from the other file.

Does anyone have an idea how I can solve this/find out where the link is ?
Thanks for your Help and ideas.

Link to files: https://github.com/alpha3141/FreeCAD-link-problem
error_link_not_restored.png
error_link_not_restored.png (31.24 KiB) Viewed 629 times
Word size of OS: 64-bit
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 2021.922.24301 +4188 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: LinkDaily
Hash: 3de879c7a2ba7111cc769d98636eb6d43189459d
Python version: 3.9.7
Qt version: 5.12.9
Coin version: 4.0.1
OCC version: 7.5.2
Locale: German/Germany (de_DE)
Shalmeneser
Veteran

Re: "Link not restored" - Where is the link to the other file? Can't find it

Post by Shalmeneser »

I confirm :

Code: Select all

<PropertyLinks> PropertyLinks.cpp(779): Lost link to toolhead Import003 while loading, maybe an object was not loaded correctly
<PropertyLinks> PropertyLinks.cpp(779): Lost link to toolhead Import004 while loading, maybe an object was not loaded correctly
<PropertyLinks> PropertyLinks.cpp(779): Lost link to toolhead Export001 while loading, maybe an object was not loaded correctly
<PropertyLinks> PropertyLinks.cpp(779): Lost link to toolhead Import001 while loading, maybe an object was not loaded correctly
<PropertyLinks> PropertyLinks.cpp(779): Lost link to toolhead Import002 while loading, maybe an object was not loaded correctly
<PropertyLinks> PropertyLinks.cpp(1364): Lost link to Export001 while loading, maybe an object was not loaded correctly
Lost link to 'Import003' while loading, maybe an object was not loaded correctly
Lost link to 'Import003' while loading, maybe an object was not loaded correctly
Lost link to 'Import004' while loading, maybe an object was not loaded correctly
Lost link to 'Import004' while loading, maybe an object was not loaded correctly
<string>(1)<class 'ModuleNotFoundError'>: No module named 'libAsm4'
Enumeration index -1 is out of range, ignore it
Exception opening file: /home/shalmeneser/Téléchargements/Xprinter_v2_0_12.FCStd [File '/home/shalmeneser/Téléchargements/Xprinter_v2_0_12.FCStd' does not exist!]
Exception opening file: /home/shalmeneser/Téléchargements/Xprinter_v2_0_13.FCStd [File '/home/shalmeneser/Téléchargements/Xprinter_v2_0_13.FCStd' does not exist!]
AttachEngine3D::calculateAttachedPlacement:InertialCS: inertia tensor has axis of symmetry. Second and third axes of inertia are undefined.
AttachEngine3D::calculateAttachedPlacement:InertialCS: inertia tensor has axis of symmetry. Second and third axes of inertia are undefined.
1569.94 <App> Document.cpp(2867): toolhead#Binder001.Context: Link not restored
Linked object: Model
Linked file: Xprinter_v2_0_13.FCStd
SketchObject::onChanged(): Unmanaged change of Constraint Property results in invalid constraint indices
1570.19 <App> Document.cpp(2867): toolhead#Binder.Context: Link not restored
Linked file: Xprinter_v2_0_12.FCStd
1570.25 <App> Document.cpp(2867): toolhead#Binder002.Context: Link not restored
Linked file: Xprinter_v2_0_13.FCStd

Post by 1051493 »

When I recompute the model, the errors disappear and all sub-shape binders are okay, but when I save the file then and reopen it, it starts all over again. I don't understand why recompute helps and saving after recompute doesn't do anything / does not the error free version get saved.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Should this be moved to Assembly forum?
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.