Longitudinal cut in rotational shape

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Milos

Re: Longitudinal cut in rotational shape

Post by Milos »

Thank you for your help!
I've made mistake by shifting DatumPlane just below the surface of "wheel" (However the original length was 14,4 mm the real designed model is 14,5 mm.)

Do you have any recommendation as to the material with respect of working temperature in dishwasher?

TIA
Milos
papyblaise
Veteran

Post by papyblaise »

the construction generator always remains visible, without any consequence for the rest
in the dishwasher, the most to worry about is hot water and washing powder
without a doubt the best material is ABS
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

You should consider food safe material. My PLA was food safe; I don't know about the PLA derivatives such as "Tough PLA".
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Telephoned a friend: Iglidur A350 seems to be good stuff, although expensive.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Milos

Post by Milos »

Many thanks for your very interesting suggestions. You have extended my view well behind the simple solution :-) Iglidur A350 is ten times the price of standard material for 3D printing. A good tip for future projects... From other resources I have recommendation: ABS is optimal but "not easy material". Other suggested materials are nylon and polypropylen (PP).

What about durability? I have just obtained info that I could hardly obtain equal or better durability in comparison with wheel prepared by injected POM. (I am not about to do experiments with injected material for single spare wheel. However the info about what I can expect from various materials in 3D printing is very useful.)

TIA
Milos