Another Sketch which seems to have a broken face

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Another Sketch which seems to have a broken face

Post by chrisb »

Sorry, I wasn't able until now to increase the symbols. Usually it is not really a problem, but I cannot select a symmetry constraint where the center lies on a point.
For those being not too deep in sketching: I use the fact that tangent lines / arcs don't need to have a common point. They work on the infinite prolongation of the line and on the virtual extension of the arc to a circle.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
nerdnils

Post by nerdnils »

Thanks a lot! But I don't want the solution only. What exactly have I done wrong to get better next time? Would be great to learn :)

Too much measurements und it should have more geometrical constraints?

I just started learning freecad(no cad-experience before but i come from blender)with youtube videos and created this yesterday. No cad before yesterday.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

nerdnils wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:31 am What exactly have I done wrong to get better next time? Would be great to learn :)
You may have a look at the document in my signature.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.