Creating a textured station platform surface

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Shalmeneser
Veteran

Re: Creating a textured station platform surface

Post by Shalmeneser »

[Rage on] How dare you ask for help when everything is in the file I provide you ? [Rage off]

Your first LinearPattern is wrong and you continue with two more patterns ?

* You rename your 1st LinearPattern with "LinearPattern Y axis" but you do not use this direction but "horizontal".
* If LL is horizontal, do not use HH. :lol:
TheMarkster
Veteran

Post by TheMarkster »

Shalmeneser wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:47 pm
TheMarkster wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:35 am Occurrences should probably have something in front of it, like Constraints.Occurrences, Spreadsheet.Occurrences, etc.
In 0.20.27008, 'LinerPattern.Occurences' will be automatically changed to 'Occurences'. :ugeek:
What happens if LinearPattern.Occurrences is 3 and LinearPatter001.Occurrences is 4 and I say in the formula to use LinearPattern.Occurrences?
PeterSD

Post by PeterSD »

Shalmeneser wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:04 pm Your sketch is bad imperfect :
* Zero-dimension : try always to replace a dimension with a geometry when it's possible.
* 6-dimension : if this 6 is the half ot the 12, geometry should translate this (like in my sketch :mrgreen: ).
Thanks for your reply. I apologise for the difficulties I have caused myself and to you. I have used your file as a template throughout this build but changed my mind on certain features and wanted to take advantage by making the print larger to make it interlocking such that I could do all the station platform surfaces from this file. I have learnt much from your work and the mistakes I made.
Please see attached the re-drawn Sketch002. I have used only the minimum of dimension and used Symmetry to centre the second rectangle.
Rebuild Sketch002.PNG
Rebuild Sketch002.PNG (97.89 KiB) Viewed 734 times
Kind Regards
Peter
Shalmeneser
Veteran

Post by Shalmeneser »

TheMarkster wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:17 pm What happens if LinearPattern.Occurrences is 3 and LinearPatter001.Occurrences is 4 and I say in the formula to use LinearPattern.Occurrences?
"Occurrences" is for the actual LinearPattern (and automatically modified by FC).
If you use 'Occurrences' for the other LinearPattern, the name of the other feature is compulsory ('LinearPatter001.Occurrences') and left unmodified by FC.
Shalmeneser
Veteran

Post by Shalmeneser »

PeterSD wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:25 pm ...
Great, but I think you will need only MultiTransform with 2 LinearPattern inside.
Shalmeneser
Veteran

Post by Shalmeneser »

If I understand, you want multiple walls interlocking themselves.

* 3D printer dimension ?
* rectangle : padding down (reversed)
* brick : padding up
PeterSD

Post by PeterSD »

TheMarkster wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:17 pm
Shalmeneser wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:47 pm
TheMarkster wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:35 am Occurrences should probably have something in front of it, like Constraints.Occurrences, Spreadsheet.Occurrences, etc.
In 0.20.27008, 'LinerPattern.Occurences' will be automatically changed to 'Occurences'. :ugeek:
What happens if LinearPattern.Occurrences is 3 and LinearPatter001.Occurrences is 4 and I say in the formula to use LinearPattern.Occurrences?
I used the LinerPattern xxx prefix in the two LinearPattern formula even though they were replaced with just Occurances. It is useful because the dropdown in the formula lists the unused and available LinearPatterns. I shall use this method every time for confidence.
Kind Regards
Peter
PeterSD

Post by PeterSD »

Shalmeneser wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:32 pm If I understand, you want multiple walls interlocking themselves.

* 3D printer dimension ?
Yes I want to take full advantage of the printer and at the moment wanted to make this possible on the platform surface an then the platform walls after I have run the first trial of the Platform surface.
The printer I am using is a Creality CR6 SE with a bed size of 235mm x 235mm bed with a height capacity of 245mm.
Kid Regards
Peter
PeterSD

Post by PeterSD »

PeterSD wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:45 pm
Shalmeneser wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:32 pm If I understand, you want multiple walls interlocking themselves.

* 3D printer dimension ?
Yes I want to take full advantage of the printer and at the moment wanted to make this possible on the platform surface an then the platform walls after I have run the first trial of the Platform surface.
The printer I am using is a Creality CR6 SE with a bed size of 235mm x 235mm bed with a height capacity of 245mm.
Kid Regards
Peter
Latest file Rev 3.4 which includes Sketch002 redraw
PeterSD

Post by PeterSD »

PeterSD wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:45 pm

* 3D printer dimension ?
Kid Regards
Peter
Latest file Rev 3.4 which includes Sketch002 redraw
Station Platform REV 3_4.FCStd
(112.05 KiB) Downloaded 14 times