Automated fault checking

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Vagulus

Re: Automated fault checking

Post by Vagulus »

drmacro wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:17 pm They already complain about what's there by default... :mrgreen:
Amen! :roll:
"It is much harder to simplify than to complicate."
Joseph Kimble
Vagulus

Post by Vagulus »

Just by way of interest, perhaps someone might use this Dependency Graph to show an absolute newb what it means and what help it can be in fault finding.
220114 Anti Fogger Dependency Graph.png
220114 Anti Fogger Dependency Graph.png (257.73 KiB) Viewed 888 times
BTW: This little beasty is a sort of nose clip which fits (with a little difficulty until you get used to it) on one of those disposable surgical masks we all know and love:
220115 Anti-Fogger - 240x320.png
220115 Anti-Fogger - 240x320.png (138.33 KiB) Viewed 888 times
Believe it or not, it stops my glasses fogging up! :twisted:
Help yourself. :D

I have attached the Document (see ZIP).
Attachments
Anti-Fogger.zip
(326.18 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
Joseph Kimble
Shalmeneser
Veteran

Post by Shalmeneser »

* You can mirror all the functions (except the 1st one).
* My file for other point of view.
* No zip please, it's PITA.
Attachments
Noz.FCStd
(76.24 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
Capture du 2022-01-14 23-34-12.png
Capture du 2022-01-14 23-34-12.png (67.89 KiB) Viewed 867 times
drmacro
Veteran

Post by drmacro »

Vagulus wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:56 pm Just by way of interest, perhaps someone might use this Dependency Graph to show an absolute newb what it means and what help it can be in fault finding.
220114 Anti Fogger Dependency Graph.png

BTW: This little beasty is a sort of nose clip which fits (with a little difficulty until you get used to it) on one of those disposable surgical masks we all know and love:
220115 Anti-Fogger - 240x320.png

Believe it or not, it stops my glasses fogging up! :twisted:
Help yourself. :D

I have attached the Document (see ZIP).
FCStd files are zipped...

The dependency tree is simply a different representation of the tree. Look at the top,of the graph and follow it down. It follows the attachments and such going up the tree. When there are no red lines, it essentially is just the tree upside down.

If there are red lines it indicates something higher up the tree is dependent on (being created by) something created later. Something higher in the tree can't be created by something lower, it always needs to be top down.
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: Spock: "...His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking."
Vagulus

Post by Vagulus »

Shalmeneser wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:35 pm * You can mirror all the functions (except the 1st one).
* My file for other point of view.
I did mirror them all except the first one and the fillet.

That's a very efficient way of creating the model. I'll try to remember that technique.

I didn't worry about filleting all the edges because I use 0.8mm nozzles and the edges are pretty-much filleted already.

Thanks
Joseph Kimble
Vagulus

Post by Vagulus »

[quothttps://wiki.freecadweb.org/Online_Help_Toce=drmacro post_id=561824 time=1642200835 user_id=2867]
If there are red lines it indicates something higher up the tree is dependent on (being created by) something created later. Something higher in the tree can't be created by something lower, it always needs to be top down.
[/quote]

Hmmm. :?: I can't imagine how that could happen. I guess I'll just wait until, in one of my inevitable bursts of stupidity, I do it myself. :oops: :lol:

I have been having a little play with Dependency Graphs and they are decipherable while the model is relatively simple When the model is more complex you can't tell which arrow goes where. https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArMxdUYEh9fKwBYo8vj ... a?e=NfQjIy

FTR: Zipping files is a bit of a habit because of the size limit on attachments. IMHO it's way too low. :(
Joseph Kimble
drmacro
Veteran

Post by drmacro »

Vagulus wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:53 am ...

FTR: Zipping files is a bit of a habit because of the size limit on attachments. IMHO it's way too low. :(
Have you tried adjusting the compression level in the FreeCAD preferences?

And yes the limit is generally too small, but, the storage space available is at a premium as I understand it.
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: Spock: "...His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking."
Vagulus

Post by Vagulus »

drmacro wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:59 am Have you tried adjusting the compression level in the FreeCAD preferences?
Until now I was unaware that I could. :| There are so many things in this wonderful software that mere mortals like me were not born knowing. :lol:
drmacro wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:59 am And yes the limit is generally too small, but, the storage space available is at a premium as I understand it.
I know that storage space is in short supply so I make a little donation monthly [wiki]https://wiki.freecadweb.org/Donate/en[/wiki] to help a bit. There's a little hint for all the other newbies. Probably something they did not know about at birth! :roll:
Joseph Kimble
kisolre
Veteran

Post by kisolre »

Vagulus wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:56 pm what help it can be in fault finding
Without looking at the actual file there is a toponaming waiting to happen - see how DatumPlane is dependent only on Pad002 - probably mapped to a face there and without going over all mappable items it is impossible to spot.
Shalmeneser
Veteran

Post by Shalmeneser »

Shalmeneser wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:35 pm * You can mirror all the functions (except the 1st one).
All functions (except 1st) in the same mirror.