Can't scale image plane

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
user1234
Veteran

Re: Can't scale image plane

Post by user1234 »

skoczo wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:40 pm I installed pyenv and set python 3.9.9 as default. Now in bash i have python in version 3.9.9 but in freecad there is still version 3.10.1. How to change that?
Do you compile it yourself? Often self generated cmake flags hang, this means the must be deleted or overwritten. I only can write them from Debian. There are

Code: Select all

-DPYTHON_INLUDE_DIR=/usr/include/python3.9
-DPYTHON_LIBARY=/usr/include/python3.9
So look in the CMakeCache.txt, if there are some entries. (cmake-gui is recommended, since the are many entries and you can group them). Maybe there are more. Also maybe there are also issues with 3.9.9, but i do not have this version and never heard issues with that.

Greetings
user1234
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

The cmake error is giving you clues:
The detected Python minor version is not compatible with the Python minor version which was used when Shiboken was built.
Note that getting shiboken built against 3.9 will likely not be enough, you probably would have to also build most if not all FreCAD dependecies that also depend on python.
It's probably easier to build in a docker container that uses debian or ubuntu instead, were none of it uses 3.10. Or just use the appimage.
skoczo

Post by skoczo »

adrianinsaval wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:03 pm The cmake error is giving you clues:
The detected Python minor version is not compatible with the Python minor version which was used when Shiboken was built.
Note that getting shiboken built against 3.9 will likely not be enough, you probably would have to also build most if not all FreCAD dependecies that also depend on python.
It's probably easier to build in a docker container that uses debian or ubuntu instead, were none of it uses 3.10. Or just use the appimage.
Thanks. Everything works with appimage. I forgot about appimage.