Loft along path, etc!!

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
BarateGites

Loft along path, etc!!

Post by BarateGites »

I'm pretty sure this is a duplicate, but Since I couldn't find it on the first page of Google, here it is:

Is there some beta build I can try If I really need more control over sweeps/lofts ... things like normal to profile, loft along path or multiple paths, sweep with auxilliary transform (not just orientation tied to the auxilliray, but the size of the section itself) etc etc.

I mean Ik there's the Curved shapes WB but how do I integrate that with my fully parametric partdesign workflow ? without turning the project tree into an absolute abomination ? also Curved shapes is nice and all, it's good for airframe/ship design shenanigans, but it's not terribly accurate. like, offsetting of the hull is usually necessary to avoid degenerate geometry, etc, and I don't think populating the sweep trajectory with a metric ton of profiles 'till it looks about right' is a particularily elegant way of doing things.
CurvedShapesWB is nice, and all, it definitely has it's uses and I've used it to great success in the past, but it's no substitute for more advanced loft/sweep utilities inside of PartDesign