Partdesign Tolerance (padding / cut)

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
MRx

Re: Partdesign Tolerance (padding / cut)

Post by MRx »

Yeah don't make me repeat over and over, I had my reasons to purge the history of my object, and the reason is explained why.

Aside of that I recovered the object which freecad has damaged at some point and fixed it by updating the tolerance of vertexes and edges.
Now the next step would be to monitor which functions are altering the tolerance unexpectedly over time.

FreeCAD should be able to fix and avoid damages caused in PartDesign.
Padding / Cut should notify the user if vertexes are intersecting due to too high tolerance, possibly other parts of FreeCAD too.

attached some showcases where this issue kicked in, and there is absolutely no way to recover from that via the Gui. The only way to avoid that issue in the Gui is to stay outside of the tolerance area of intersecting vertexes. Sometimes even removing them is not possible because the follow up procedure would need them for calculations.

Fault1_ok is how it should look like, the fillet edge is also seen in Fault2.
And no I will not upload a file, because it is known why this is happening, it's just not known yet what is altering the tolerances so unexpectedly.

More pictures of faulty results (due to tolerance settings) are in the first post here.
Attachments
fault1.png
fault1.png (12.58 KiB) Viewed 447 times
fault1_ok.png
fault1_ok.png (13.92 KiB) Viewed 447 times
fault2.png
fault2.png (9.76 KiB) Viewed 447 times
fault4.png
fault4.png (23.58 KiB) Viewed 447 times
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

MRx wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:36 am Yeah don't make me repeat over and over,
+1

As has been repeated multiple times by multiple members: Images are not helpful.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

MRx has been warned.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.