Adding windows and doors with sketch

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
deffo

Re: Adding windows and doors with sketch

Post by deffo »

What would be the best way of making double garage doors. To use arc window with sketch or make it part design and then somehow attach to the wall? I know how to make part design 3d objects a little bit, but how to attach it to the wall? Maybe someone have any other suggestions how is the easiest way of doing double garage doors. Any suggestions are welcome, trying to learn different things how to make it work.
cheers!
Attachments
garaaz pluss maja.FCStd
(827.47 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

If you do it in PartDesign, you should use different bodies and transfer geometric information with ShapeBinders.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
deffo

Post by deffo »

chrisb wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:55 pm If you do it in PartDesign, you should use different bodies and transfer geometric information with ShapeBinders.
So if im still novice in this program I should stick to easier stuff and use arc window/door option ?
Another question is that, if I make double garage doors using arc door tool and I want to design outside door panels. What would be the steps?
First I sketch simple doors. Use arc window tool to make them. Then I want to add some array of cladding. lets say like wood boards pattern. Can I add this feature to the door later ? I hope you understand me