Treeview overlay icon

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Simonski

Treeview overlay icon

Post by Simonski »

A simple question: I’ve got an overlay icon in the treeview that I don’t recognise, and it’s not listed in https://wiki.freecadweb.org/Tree_view#Overlay_icons.

What does it mean, please?
Attachments
TreeviewIcon.png
TreeviewIcon.png (45.77 KiB) Viewed 1424 times
kisolre
Veteran

Re: Treeview overlay icon

Post by kisolre »

No idea. What is your FreCAD info? Could be something from the RealThunders branch...
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

It occurs if you set ShowInTree=False. I can document it, if someone explains what it means. Even if set to False In some cases the object is shown in some it is not shown in the tree.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Roy_043
Veteran

Post by Roy_043 »

AFAIK you need to reopen a document to see the effect of changing this property.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Roy_043 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:11 am AFAIK you need to reopen a document to see the effect of changing this property.
Not really, I see changes, if I do some Boolean operations.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Roy_043
Veteran

Post by Roy_043 »

Can't confirm that.
What does seem to work: toggling "Show hidden items" twice.

I get the idea that few people use this. Maybe it predates the advent of Std_Groups and this was once the only way to 'reduce' the tree?
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

I made the following observations:

- create a sketch set ShowInTree=False. The sketch is still visible in tree.
- Extrude. The sketch is still visible.
- Add a Cube, make a Union with the Extrude. The Sketch is no longer visible.
- Remove the Union. Sketch remains hidden.

It would be great, if there was some indicator, that below the Extrude is something hidden.
openBrain
Veteran

Post by openBrain »

Roy_043 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:39 am What does seem to work: toggling "Show hidden items" twice.
Yes, seems to be a bug where display isn't updated when you click "Hide item". Eventually you can raise a ticket. ;)
chrisb wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:13 pm It would be great, if there was some indicator, that below the Extrude is something hidden.
Indeed, when an item is hidden, having an indicator on parent object would be great. ;)
Simonski

Post by Simonski »

chrisb wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:25 am It occurs if you set ShowInTree=False.
That was indeed the issue, thank you.

So have I got this right? There is an option to not show an item in the treeview, but it can still show anyway with a flag icon indicating that the item shouldn’t be shown...?
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Simonski wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:24 am So have I got this right? There is an option to not show an item in the treeview, but it can still show anyway with a flag icon indicating that the item shouldn’t be shown...?
That's how it seems. The use case is not very clear to me either, as I can always collapse the tree, but that may well be a limited knowledge of different workflows.