Techdraw: Template "in transient directory doesnt exist"

Discussions about the development of the TechDraw workbench
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
orionrobots

Techdraw: Template "in transient directory doesnt exist"

Post by orionrobots »

I've been working in techdraw, and after recently picking up a weekly build (and getting used to the new shortcuts when in Sketcher, but I digress), I have been seeing the following error:

Code: Select all

20:54:56  Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
<class 'Base.FreeCADError'>: PropertyFileIncluded::SaveDocFile(): File '/Users/danielstaple/Library/Caches/FreeCAD/Cache/FreeCAD_Doc_6ceb41bb-40b9-4f78-bd67-0b1081ff3787_1a3e58_14737/A4_Portrait_blank.svg' in transient directory doesn't exist.

What is frustrating, is that if I tick the "...", it doesn't navigate back to the templates dir as that is in the FreeCAD package, and this window doesn't have "show package contents" enabled. In this mode - I am unable to save the work.

The workaround seems to be to open the dialog (with 3 dots), then in a separate Finder window navigate to the FreeCad(AppContent)/share/Mod/Techdraw/Templates, and drag this location into the open file dialog.

I've seen it twice now. Both I was working with multiple drawings, in multiple files, and had altered the dimensions of a sketch underlying a body that was projected into techdraw.

Version info:
Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.20.27078 (Git)
Build type: Release
Python version: 3.9.9
Qt version: 5.12.9
Coin version: 4.0.0
OCC version: 7.5.3
Locale: C/Default (C)
Kunda1
Veteran

Re: Techdraw: Template "in transient directory doesnt exist"

Post by Kunda1 »

Mod edit: moved to TD subforum
Alone you go faster. Together we go farther
Please mark thread [Solved]
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
'good first issues' | Open TODOs and FIXMEs | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report Bugs
wandererfan
Veteran

Post by wandererfan »

orionrobots wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:49 pm I've seen it twice now. Both I was working with multiple drawings, in multiple files, and had altered the dimensions of a sketch underlying a body that was projected into techdraw.
I've seen issues with PropertyFileIncluded for templates and welding symbols. Have not been able to create a repeatable process to generate the error condition.

If you have sample file and steps to reproduce, I would love to have them.
orionrobots

Post by orionrobots »

I haven't been able to repeat it on request either - I've seen it twice now. One mitigation might be a button to pick from default templates (since it's frustrating to navigate there).