Can't we use FreeCAD offline?

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
1911qq

Can't we use FreeCAD offline?

Post by 1911qq »

On my Dell notebook computer, it shows like the attachment both when I create new file or when I open existing stp file, and I even can't surf on this forum on this Dell notebook computer. But on my another notebook computer of a Chinese brand, I can use FreeCAD and this forum normally, both when I create new file or when I open same existing stp file which shown many epactal green stripes like the attachment. I use Windows10 and the same Chinese web-browser both on the 2 notebook computers. If we can't use FreeCAD offline, maybe there’s something wrong with net settings of my Dell notebook computer? If we can use FreeCAD offline, what may be wrong with my Dell notebook computer?
Picture of the bug
Picture of the bug
bug1.png (43.53 KiB) Viewed 1231 times
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Can't we use FreeCAD offline?

Post by chrisb »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Have a look at the Known OS specific issues. Update your graphics card driver. Check with other OpenGL programs such as Blender, if they work.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

FreeCAD doesn't need network connection to work, that type of thing is usually only done by proprietary software. Looks like a graphics card issue
thomas-neemann
Veteran

Post by thomas-neemann »

looks like my sinclair spectrum in the early 80s loading a program from tape :-)
Gruß Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Thomas Neemann

https://www.youtube.com/@thomasneemann5 ... ry=freecad