Navicube contrast/colors

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
drmacro
Veteran

Navicube contrast/colors

Post by drmacro »

Is it possible to adjust the colors and contrast of the navicube?

I can see the cube, but the faces are the same color as the text...
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: Spock: "...His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking."
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Re: Navicube contrast/colors

Post by adrianinsaval »

cube menu addon had some color change options IIRC, if the addon is not working anymore you can look at it's code and find the parameters that can be then edited in freecad
drmacro
Veteran

Post by drmacro »

adrianinsaval wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 1:53 pm cube menu addon had some color change options IIRC, if the addon is not working anymore you can look at it's code and find the parameters that can be then edited in freecad
Cube menu doesn't seem to have anything...unless it just doesn't work.

Looking a NaviCube.cpp the colors can be changed by parameters.

But, I'm not clear on how to convert any color number scheme I'm familiar with to a 10 digit unsigned...
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: Spock: "...His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking."
drmacro
Veteran

Post by drmacro »

Side note: adding the parameters TextColor and FrontColor seem to be handled fine on a vanilla Debian Bullseye with Xfce, but on a Raspberry Pi with Bullseye and GTK+3 it changes the corners colors only. And in the later, messing with those values too much causes a segfault crash... :(