Constraints are not selectable in sketcher (Freecad 0.20)

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
hakonrk

Constraints are not selectable in sketcher (Freecad 0.20)

Post by hakonrk »

Just tried out the Windows build of FreeCAD 0.20 beta, and noticed a problem in the sketcher. Below are the steps to reproduce the bug. This seems like something people would notice immediately after using 0.20, so I am wondering why I found no mention of unselectable constraints in the bug tracker or on the forums. Am I the only one seeing this?
  1. Create a new sketch
  2. Draw a line in the sketch
  3. Put a length constraint on the line and click OK
  4. Try to edit the length constraint by hovering the mouse over the constraint and double clicking it
Expected result: The constraint should be highlighted when hovering the mouse over it, and double clicking it should open the edit constraint dialog box.

Actual result: The constraint is not highlighted when the mouse hovers over it, and double clicking it does nothing.

If I close the sketch and reopen it, then it works as expected. Hovering the mouse over the constraint now highlights it, and I can double click to edit. However, it stops working immediately after I create another constraint. An alternative way to get FreeCAD out of the unselectable constraints state is to select one of the drawing tools, e.g. Create Line, and cancelling the operation using the right mouse button. Regardless, constraints always become unselectable again when a new constraint is created.

I don't have this problem with FreeCAD 0.19.
uwestoehr
Veteran

Re: Constraints are not selectable in sketcher (Freecad 0.20)

Post by uwestoehr »

I cannot reproduce this. Using the beta build, I get this and this is correct:
FreeCAD_SFWpaMl6hm.gif
FreeCAD_SFWpaMl6hm.gif (162.67 KiB) Viewed 468 times
hakonrk

Re: Constraints are not selectable in sketcher (Freecad 0.20)

Post by hakonrk »

Thanks for the feedback. Seeing that it works for you, I tried deleting user.cfg (which I should have tried before I posted), and now it works here as well.

I hadn't done anything crazy with my configuration, I had just changed the color theme and made a couple of tweaks to the toolbars, so it seems 0.20 does not like 0.19's config files.