Need Help with Preference Pack

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
wmayer
Founder

Re: Need Help with Preference Pack

Post by wmayer »

chrisb wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:06 am After applying the preference pack, the icons stay as before, but the selection list is doubled like this:
Confirmed. And each time you press the Apply button of any preference pack the more duplicates you get in the combo box. Affected are also the combo boxes for the list of style sheets and the view mode of the tree structure.

The issue is caused by the fact that DlgGeneralImp::loadSettings() is called each time the Apply button is pressed but the affected combo boxes are not cleared.

The second problem why the icon size is not applied is because the value of the parameter group isn't read from the parameters but the currently active value is used.

Both issues are fixed with git commit ff876bf72c
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

wmayer wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:10 pm Both issues are fixed with git commit ff876bf72c
Thanks! I will now continue searching the slow-down-culprit in my preferences.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
wmayer
Founder

Post by wmayer »

chrisb wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:35 pm Thanks! I will now continue searching the slow-down-culprit in my preferences.
I thought you solved it by deleting your old user config. Or do you want to figure out which setting is causing it?
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

wmayer wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:40 pm I thought you solved it by deleting your old user config. Or do you want to figure out which setting is causing it?
Exactly. Right now I'm at a state where I start from scratch, apply a preference pack and everything works well. After restart it is slow again.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.