Slight irritations with the display

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Batucada

Post by Batucada »

Code: Select all

Word size of FreeCAD: 64-bit
Version: 0.21.31097 (Git)
Build type: Release
Branch: master
Hash: ccf074008774f1bdfed8fec09ed60e2c0fe77cae
Python 3.10.8, Qt 5.15.4, Coin 4.0.0, Vtk 9.1.0, OCC 7.6.3
Locale: C/Default (C)
Installed mods: 
  * Behave-Dark-Colors 0.1.1
  * CurvedShapes 1.0.4
  * Assembly4 0.12.3

Even though I haven't written here for weeks, that doesn't mean I've stopped using FreeCAD and have therefore turned away. No, I use FreeCAD every day and am quite satisfied with the combination of PartDesign and Assembly 4 and never miss an opportunity to recommend it. It is well known that I am at war with TechDraw, but maybe things will get better.

The reason why I am writing again is an irritation in the model representation in the main window, see the attached illustration. There I have circled the errors in the representation. It is obviously about hidden pockets that should not actually appear in this view. If the developers are interested, I will make the application file available via Dropbox, as the file size exceeds 1 MB. PM to me will do.
Bildschirmfoto Irritationen.png
Bildschirmfoto Irritationen.png (300.05 KiB) Viewed 438 times
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Slight irritations with the display

Post by chrisb »

Batucada wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:47 pm If the developers are interested, I will make the application file available via Dropbox, as the file size exceeds 1 MB. PM to me will do.
I can't speak for the developers, but as an ordinary forum regular I can say: no file - no help.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Batucada

Post by Batucada »

chrisb wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:54 pm
Batucada wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:47 pm If the developers are interested, I will make the application file available via Dropbox, as the file size exceeds 1 MB. PM to me will do.
I can't speak for the developers, but as an ordinary forum regular I can say: no file - no help.
Oh, chrisb, it's not about helping me! It's about help for your further development and improvement. I know where this effect comes from and I can deal with it and live with it. My offer remains - it doesn't hurt you and it certainly doesn't hurt me.
user1234
Veteran

Post by user1234 »

Batucada wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:21 pm Oh, chrisb, it's not about helping me! It's about help for your further development and improvement.
Do not act patronizing when you in realtity just try to turn the facts. Without file we never can know, if is not a grafic card/driver issue, a bad model or a bug. To be honest, it looks like a broken model.
Shalmeneser
Veteran

Post by Shalmeneser »

You can reduce the file size suppressing some features.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Batucada wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:21 pm It's about help for your further development and improvement.
If you want to open a ticket, you can do so directly on Github, the process has changed.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.