Using a Sketch as a reference / construction for a second sketch (plus a little Dodo WB)

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
TheBrick

Re: Using a Sketch as a reference / construction for a second sketch (plus a little Dodo WB)

Post by TheBrick »

Ok. More progress. I deleted the sweep and the Angle_40x20x4 and started again.

I did a new sketch for the angle iorn the edited the attachment, after a lot of fiddling I managed to attach the sketch in the position and orientation I wanted such that the sweep worked.

Now it looks like I just need to repeat this for each edge.

It looks like I will need to create a sketch for each edge? Or can I attach the Angle_40x20x4 multiple times one for each edge?
Attachments
WorkShopDoorsV0.1.FCStd
(14 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
papyblaise
Veteran

Re: Using a Sketch as a reference / construction for a second sketch (plus a little Dodo WB)

Post by papyblaise »

it works in one go: after doing "Scan path, Done" you manually select each side in order and OK
to reselect a shaded sketch: you select it and click the space bar, it is not necessary to redo all of them, just modify its attachment dimensions
TheBrick

Post by TheBrick »

Ok that sounds good thanks. I will try that tonight with luck.

It feels as if this not the best overall approach. I feel like I the best work flow would be to create a beam or angle iron and replicate it, extend it and place where I would like. If making a more complicated structure the current work flow seems very long winded. IS this a viable work flow? If so what FreeCAD benches, tools and methods should I look into?

Thanks