Multiple monitors and moving application windows

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Trond

Multiple monitors and moving application windows

Post by Trond »

Hey,

I am using freecad on two monitors, one with the design view and another with all the property view, combo view, python window, etc.

But they are really diffecult to arrange, one or two will react to resize and it is difficult to place them. Is there any plugin one can use to pin these windows in place?

This is latest freecad on tumbleweed.
onekk
Veteran

Re: Multiple monitors and moving application windows

Post by onekk »

Please follow directions in:

http://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2264

as "latest FreeCAD ..." is telling nothing to most of users here as FreeCADvis available from the official repositories and even your OS could be important.

Regards.

Carlo D.
GitHub page: https://github.com/onekk/freecad-doc.
- In deep articles on FreeCAD.
- Learning how to model with scripting.
- Various other stuffs.

Blog: https://okkmkblog.wordpress.com/
drmacro
Veteran

Post by drmacro »

Trond wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:31 am Hey,

I am using freecad on two monitors, one with the design view and another with all the property view, combo view, python window, etc.

But they are really diffecult to arrange, one or two will react to resize and it is difficult to place them. Is there any plugin one can use to pin these windows in place?

I do the same and note the same. I think this is a Qt issue and may there may not be much FreeCAD can do.

For example, once the Properties view is on the other screen, the corner drag does not work, and the alt key must held while dragging. (Linux, xfce)
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: Spock: "...His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking."
mario52
Veteran

Post by mario52 »

Hi

have you tried : the mainWindow of FreeCAD in the second monitor and only the 3DView in your monitor of work ?

mario
Maybe you need a special feature, go into Macros_recipes and Code_snippets, Topological_data_scripting.
My macros on Gist.github here complete macros Wiki and forum.
Trond

Post by Trond »

I will try that next time this is messed up, right now I do not dare to touch the windows, because they are somewhat arranged in a ok way :D
Trond

Post by Trond »

drmacro wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:08 am
Trond wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:31 am Hey,

I do the same and note the same. I think this is a Qt issue and may there may not be much FreeCAD can do.

For example, once the Properties view is on the other screen, the corner drag does not work, and the alt key must held while dragging. (Linux, xfce)
Ok, you might be right, it's still the same, yesterday my gfx card didn't work after an update, so had to roll back to g5, but this "bug" still persist.