Cabinet furniture design tools workbench

Post here for help on using FreeCAD's graphical user interface (GUI).
Forum rules
and Helpful information
IMPORTANT: Please click here and read this first, before asking for help

Also, be nice to others! Read the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Kunda1

Re: Cabinet furniture design tools workbench

Postby Kunda1 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:57 pm

WayofWood wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:35 pm
This leaves from my point of view FreeCAD as the only viable option if you don't want to pay for a professional carpentry software package.
Agreed. I think you can use your platform to advocate for such things and rally folks in this direction. This thread is a good place to call them towards.
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
#lowhangingfruit | Use the Source, Luke. | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report FC bugs and features
iogui

Postby iogui » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:32 pm

Hey guys!

I've been away from FreeCad because I've been busy working and I've been using Sketchup in Wine as FreeCad has not, at the present moment, a minimum of acceptable productivity at WoodWorking to be used professionally (I do work professionally as a woodworker but not with a CNC so I'm not in the two different user groups that @WayofWood have mentioned before, I'm in a third user group). As soon as I have the time, I will come back to the development of this WoodWorker's FreeCad Workbench.

By the way:
WayofWood wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:35 pm
Sketchup is moving in a very commercial model with several of the existing addons (like cutlist) no longer working.
I've made some changes in cutlist source code in order to use it under Wine to be able to extract a csv cutlist. Here is the modified source code If it is of some value for someone:

https://github.com/fabio-blanco/cutlist ... ine-tweaks

I've made this tweaks for my personal use only. So don't expect it to be a full improvement.
Be the change you want to see in the world. - Mahatma Gandhi
Kunda1

Postby Kunda1 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:03 pm

In other wood related news ( :D )
There's a timber WB fork in the works: https://github.com/JeromeL63/Wood-Frame
Want to contribute back to FC? Checkout:
#lowhangingfruit | Use the Source, Luke. | How to Help FreeCAD | How to report FC bugs and features