dammerel wrote:Out of interest, what is the criteria to include in 0.15
Eg assembly,dimension modules
To be clear the key point about these two "plug ins" which the other did not make clear,
is that they are third party
There is nothing wrong with them being third party, FreeCAD is designed to allow, actually encourage, this sort of thing.
In a very general sense the difference between these third Party plug ins and "official" modules and the like are typically some of the following
- the plug in may have an incompatible licence or be used to work with some other code that has an incompatible licence
- the purpose of the plug in may be of transient use, e.g. as a work around due to a missing feature like the currently missing Assembly workbench
- 3rd party plug ins do not necessarily have the same quality or minimum feature requirements e.g. they may perhaps not have translations or Units support
- FreeCAD Official code has to consider backwards compatibilty
- they may work in a way that does not fit with the long term plans and direction of official FreeCAD
- they possibly will create FreeCAD files, or at least work flows, that will have compatibility issues with "official" FreeCAD
Usually if someone wants their work to end up in FreeCAD master, they would first discuss the matter to see if their work has any chance of being eventually pushed into master. For example, someone else may have already been working in the same area.
By the way, the Ship WB was originally a 3rd party WB, but became later a part of FreeCAD.