Roofing Module/WorkBench/Embedded FreeCAD - Commecial application

Post here if you have a FreeCAD-related job to offer to the FreeCAD community. This can include programming or modeling.
Andrew Haas

Roofing Module/WorkBench/Embedded FreeCAD - Commecial application

Postby Andrew Haas » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:01 am

Hi,

Long time fan of FreeCAD, but not skilled enough to build this!

I am looking for a developer to code python scripts/ interface in Freecad, or possible embed FreeCAD to achieve metal roofing takeoffs.

I would like to develop this into a commercial application; As such, the details would need to be discussed in private.

I would also like to benefit FreeCAD as a whole and open-source as much as possible without compromising the commercial viabilty of the project.

Please DM me if interested to discuss your rates, and get more details. I envision this being an ongoing relationship, with ongoing development over many years.

Thanks

Andrew Haas

Director
Fulcrum Point Pty Ltd.
Andrew Haas

Re: Roofing Module/WorkBench/Embedded FreeCAD - Commecial application

Postby Andrew Haas » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:57 am

After reading some of the other "job offer" posts, a personal / company introduction wouldn't go astray!

I run a small building estimating company in Perth Western Australia. I have been an estimator since 2002, and currently have contracts with a large roofing company, and smaller builders.

I am an amateur programmer, with emphasis on "amateur". I can code in C#, python to small degree, and have a long time interest in the various frameworks out there.

I can draft/draw in Sketchup Pro, ArchiCAD, a bit in Blender, FreeCAD. I have an addiction to anything 3D since I first saw the Atari Stacey back in 1988. Blown up more laptops dual booting linux than I want to remember, and generally have a passion for systems and tools.

I have been planning this project for around 2 years, investigating the various frameworks, designing the wireframe and looking at where to start. FreeCAD and python have kept coming back to being the way to go, considering how much flexibility and extensibilty the python world offers.

I would be taking a "Kaizen" approach to this project, starting with a 2D 'minimum viable product', and adding functionality in a modular way. Eventually, I would like to intergrate tech such as open CV, though the viablility may be in question there.

The parts of the project I can foresee being open-sourced and feed back into the main FreeCAD release would be the excel reporting, and some aspects of the BIM functions. Anything which doesn't directly compromise the ability to keep the product unique, obviously.
FreeCADpro

Postby FreeCADpro » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:55 pm

Hello,
I read your need, You seek to develop a workbensh under Freecad
yes I have experience in python design and programming, C ++
To start a collaboration we can contact each other on skype:
Gandouzi.Ghaith@gmail.com

Kind regards
Andrew Haas

Postby Andrew Haas » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:17 am

Hi All,

Sorry for the very late post!

I am currently working with a developer on this project and will be fine for now.

Thanks for the interest, and long live FreeCAD!

cheers

Andrew