FreeCAD users open to work

Post here if you have a FreeCAD-related job to offer to the FreeCAD community. This can include programming or modeling.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
Aleks

Re: FreeCAD users open to work

Post by Aleks »

sliptonic wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:52 pm I don't have a problem with a list like this. It's great to see FreeCAD become a thriving ecosystem where people can make money in different ways.
However, If I see people adding their names to this list who do not also contribute their talents to the greater community, I'll be disappointed.

If your answer is, "I'm not a programmer" then you need to think harder about where your talents can be used.

And If you are someone who wants to hire from this list, great! But please search the forum for examples of the candidates work.
From my perspective one should not contribute to the project because he/she has to in order to be accepted as a FreeCAD freelancer.I think contributions should be always voluntary.
But I agree with you on the point, that people hiring should always check the work of people they want to hire.
FreeCAD als Maschinenbauer in die Konstruktion und Fertigung integrieren. Schulung buchen: www.alsado.de/freecad-schulungen
sliptonic
Veteran

Post by sliptonic »

Aleks wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:08 pm From my perspective one should not contribute to the project because he/she has to in order to be accepted as a FreeCAD freelancer.I think contributions should be always voluntary.
I agree. I wouldn't suggest any kind of rules or nonsense like that. That's why I limited my comment to 'disappointed'. It just sits wrong with me when 'Free'lancers rush to the paying gigs while contributing nothing to the greater effort. All things being equal, I'd rather see that work go to someone who contributes and might need to put some groceries on the table.

On the other hand, if freelancers were more likely to get work because they'd contributed and demonstrated their skills, then they would have an incentive to do so. That would be good for everyone.
Aleks

Post by Aleks »

Here is a warning to everyone:
Since I have created the list and also added myself to it, I have received a couple of scammy emails. I dont think any reasonably person would fall for them, but I still want to emphasize that you do your due-dilligence and validate the proposals you recieve.
FreeCAD als Maschinenbauer in die Konstruktion und Fertigung integrieren. Schulung buchen: www.alsado.de/freecad-schulungen
F_Rosa

Post by F_Rosa »

Hi Aleks,

I don't know if the people listed have had any results, but you can include me in Arch and BIM. If someone or a company would like to implement BIM with FC, I believe I can help.

Good initiative!
Thanks.
jnxd

Post by jnxd »

Aleks wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:29 pm If you want to be on that list comment with the workbenches you are specialized in. I will add you to the top post in some time intervals.
Thanks for the initiative. Could you add me in for PartDesign and FEM, or for general development?
My latest (or last) project: B-spline Construction Project.
ebrahim raeyat

Post by ebrahim raeyat »

I can work on implementing OpenSees or XCFEM(based on OpenSees) software to FreeCAD for working 3-6 hours per day for $500-$1000 per month. Thanks.
thomas-neemann
Veteran

Post by thomas-neemann »

Aleks wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:29 pm ping
Hello Alex

you can also add me to the list. I would suggest adding a section called metal and wood constructions

Greetings Thomas
Gruß Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Thomas Neemann

https://www.youtube.com/@thomasneemann5 ... ry=freecad
Aleks

Post by Aleks »

thomas-neemann wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:55 pm Hello Alex

you can also add me to the list. I would suggest adding a section called metal and wood constructions

Greetings Thomas
This does not really fit into the structure of this list. On the other hand its too broad. Nearly evrything is a metal or wood construction. I may add another classification by job type in the future.
But to add you right now, please tell me what workbenches do you use for those metal and wood constructions?
thomas-neemann
Veteran

Post by thomas-neemann »

Aleks wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:42 pm ping
here are the commands i use
2.png
2.png (46.66 KiB) Viewed 20020 times
3.png
3.png (19.11 KiB) Viewed 20020 times
1.png
1.png (23.34 KiB) Viewed 20020 times
Gruß Dipl.-Ing. (FH) Thomas Neemann

https://www.youtube.com/@thomasneemann5 ... ry=freecad
ebrahim raeyat

Post by ebrahim raeyat »

Aleks wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:29 pm ping
Hi Aleks, please add me to FEM and Reinforcement WB. Thanks.