CAM (FreeCAD Path) Programmer needed

Post here if you have a FreeCAD-related job to offer to the FreeCAD community. This can include programming or modeling.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
mhilligsoe

CAM (FreeCAD Path) Programmer needed

Post by mhilligsoe »

Hi,
My Name is Morten Hilligsøe and I'm co-founder of Vaerks, a small startup dedicated to simplifying professional CNC milling.
A part of this project is a simplified CAM software, and for this we would like use FreeCAD. I'm therefore looking for an experienced developer that can help us implement new features and modify existing ones, primarily in the Path module.
The first tasks will be focused on some GUI/Wizard creation, but Job objects, Post processing and CAM algorithms will also need modifications.

We are located in Copenhagen, Denmark, but you can work from anywhere, and we are also flexible as to your available work hours. Funds are still quite limited, but you will of course compensated fairly for your work.
I'm an experienced programmer myself (although working primarily with embedded systems), but theres too much to be done for the amount of time that I have available.

Le me know if this is of interest to anyone. Either respond here, PM me, or send me an email at moh@mhtech.dk
Richard000

Re: CAM (FreeCAD Path) Programmer needed

Post by Richard000 »

Please Check PM
JulianTodd

Re: CAM (FreeCAD Path) Programmer needed

Post by JulianTodd »

Interesting. I know two independent teams of programmers writing CAM path algorithms in Copenhagen, and I worked with one of them for ten years (traveling from England twice a year to work there).

I don't want to write closed source any more, because it always ends up being a waste of time. My friends in Copenhagen do not agree.

If it's not too late, I can put you in touch with one of the teams, and maybe there's a deal and some code you could quickly borrow from them. The point of FreeCAD being LGPL is so it can be linked to closed source code, so it would be kind of interesting to see if this would ever happen in practice.