Need to design mixing valve (pay to forum or members)

Post here if you have a FreeCAD-related job to offer to the FreeCAD community. This can include programming or modeling.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
benc

Need to design mixing valve (pay to forum or members)

Post by benc »

Looking to get the following into a STL or other suitable format. First goal is 3D print in inexpensive plastic for examination. After verification, last step would be milling in stainless steel. How much would this Cad work be reasonably worth?

Please forgive the caliber of the drawings.

scan3.jpg
scan3.jpg (162.82 KiB) Viewed 2289 times
scan7.jpg
scan7.jpg (191.57 KiB) Viewed 2261 times
Last edited by benc on Tue May 19, 2020 4:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Need to design mixing valve (pay to forum or members)

Post by chrisb »

Hi benc,
you can attach the images directly to the post, that makes it easier to read without additional clicking. You may edit the post and replace the pdfs.
On the second image is a diagonal crosspattern to be seen. What should this be in detail? Is it a pattern to be applied?
benc wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:09 am How much would this Cad work be reasonably worth?
How much is worth to you? I offer to do this as a community project and you donate to FreeCAD.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
kisolre
Veteran

Post by kisolre »

That is one ugly shaft :D
benc

Post by benc »

chrisb wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 6:20 am Hi benc,
you can attach the images directly to the post, that makes it easier to read without additional clicking. You may edit the post and replace the pdfs.
On the second image is a diagonal crosspattern to be seen. What should this be in detail? Is it a pattern to be applied?
benc wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:09 am How much would this Cad work be reasonably worth?
How much is worth to you? I offer to do this as a community project and you donate to FreeCAD.

Please excuse my ignorance, but I don't understand the mechanism to attach the images directly to the post. How would I do that? Edit: It appears that a PDF file does not want to appear inline. I'll rescan the pics in a gif or jpg format when I get back home.

Would you be comfortable with a $100 donation?
kisolre
Veteran

Post by kisolre »

You can extract the images from the PDF directly. In Acrobat reader click on the image in the PDF, RMB/Copy image. Paste in your image editor, save to disk, attach to forum post.
kisolre
Veteran

Post by kisolre »

benc wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 11:40 am I'll rescan the pics in a gif or jpg format when I get back home.
see above...
DeanY3

Post by DeanY3 »

benc,

Does this look about right? I'd DM you but I've only been lurking the forum so that feature is disabled on my account for now.
Plastic Render.jpg
Plastic Render.jpg (139.96 KiB) Viewed 2255 times
Stainless Steel Render.jpg
Stainless Steel Render.jpg (142.34 KiB) Viewed 2255 times
-Dean
______
|
\____@( ' ' )@____/
" " "
benc

Post by benc »

DeanY3 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 6:29 pm benc,

Does this look about right? I'd DM you but I've only been lurking the forum so that feature is disabled on my account for now.
Plastic Render.jpg
Stainless Steel Render.jpg

Excellent work. Check your PM mailbox.
kisolre
Veteran

Post by kisolre »

Dimensions dont look right. Here is my take. Shaft is shorter for faster recalculation:
Attachments
Shaft2.JPG
Shaft2.JPG (50.77 KiB) Viewed 2234 times
benc

Post by benc »

kisolre wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 9:01 pm Dimensions dont look right. Here is my take. Shaft is shorter for faster recalculation:

Excellent work. It has a visual aspect I did not expect, but, the longer I look at it, the better it looks.

The "nub" sticking up at the left side 1 oclock position was unanticipated. If the groves were uniformly widened it would eliminate those 4 nub weak points and give better flow too.
Last edited by benc on Wed May 20, 2020 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.