paid job for an easy task

Post here if you have a FreeCAD-related job to offer to the FreeCAD community. This can include programming or modeling.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Re: paid job for an easy task

Post by adrianinsaval »

wildthinx wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:53 pm Wow, that makes me happy to see. Thank you!

First of all: Mister Maker: "Schnitt.skp" was just an example to show that the object is hollow. It was just a cut through.
Adrianinsaval. So great, thank you again. Now I am a bit confused. Who of you did the job?

I modeled your part in FreeCAD and responded without seeing MisterMaker's response so I guess you could say both of us did the job in parallel ;)
You can send the file public. I will donate 20 USD today to the official donation.
I would appreciate it if you can publish your donation to encourage people in the future to do this kind of jobs as a donation to FreeCAD, thanks in advance.
But I would also like to understand, what happend. Actually in Sketchup I gave it all a "solid". And I tried it several times. What can I change in the future? I mean, it is a bad question to ask for in a freeCAD forum. You will write: Use freeCAD. :-) But I work with Sketchup for such a long time I would like to proceed.
I never used sketchup so I have no idea what you should do, therefore, as you predicted, my response is: use FreeCAD :lol:
Anyways, here is the freecad file in case you want to edit further and correct any dimension. The mesh and the corresponding shapebinders I used for reference can be safely removed if you want to have a cleaner tree, none of the constraints depend on them.
Attachments
07.FCStd
(72.96 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
heda
Veteran

Post by heda »

off topic, and should probably be broken off into new thread by a moderator.

does this deserve a new subforumi, i.e. community work for donations?
having a subforum for it would be a signal that it is something that is encouraged,
and make it easy to keep track of.

would of course have to be some sort of criteria when this is ok or not,
as community work that is, like for example, it has to be open source work,
for the things of non-public nature there already is a subforum.
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

I don't see why it would have to be open source, it's certainly desirable but I don't think it should be mandatory for such jobs
M4x
Veteran

Post by M4x »

The question is: Would a subforum have such an influence that we could stop proposing the community approach? Maybe a sticky thread would be more suitable.
wildthinx

Post by wildthinx »

Oh, I will try it and let you know.
Does this community have paypal? I only find Librepay and I don't want to pay on monthly or so basis.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

There is a Bountysource account where you can donate.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
wildthinx

Post by wildthinx »

Done. Thank you guys.
Attachments
Unbenannt.PNG
Unbenannt.PNG (12.06 KiB) Viewed 3739 times
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Thanks to adrian and wildthinx!
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
adrianinsaval
Veteran

Post by adrianinsaval »

Awesome, thanks for your contribution :)
wildthinx

Post by wildthinx »

As promised. You are welcome.