Seeking to Hire a FreeCAD Tutor

Post here if you have a FreeCAD-related job to offer to the FreeCAD community. This can include programming or modeling.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
JPH

Seeking to Hire a FreeCAD Tutor

Post by JPH »

I'm looking to hire a tutor in FreeCAD to take me from novice to intermediate. Online, scheduled, paid. I like to learn by doing and I wish to learn basic modeling to prepare some basic housing designs to pass off to an architect. I'm looking at a minimum of 20 hours, possibly more. I'm looking at paying $25/hour. Four hours paid up front at a time. One hour training sessions at a time. Is that reasonable? Please text Jason at 360-701-3490 if you'd like to tutor.
awflingen

Re: Seeking to Hire a FreeCAD Tutor

Post by awflingen »

Sorry to hijack your post JPH but I am also looking to find a tutor. Have been trying for a few weeks to get a sense of a workflow in Freecad but finding it really difficult to progress. The tutorials seem to make it look easy but maybe I am missing the basics.

Looking particularly for Arch and part design as hope to provide drawings to Architect for final compilation.

Es könnte auch in Deutsch sein!
dwyl

Post by dwyl »

We're in the same boat as JPH & Awflingen; having major difficulty with the basics of FreeCAD.
Have previous experience with other 3D software including Sketchup and Fusion360 but cannot get past initial learning curve of FreeCAD. Would gladly pay the same $25/h rate for online tutoring. Or if you can record videos of your learning sessions JPH, happy to pay for access to them, e.g. $10/hour? Really just need to learn this systematically and adhoc YouTube tutorials simply aren't enough.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Are you all rather interested in architecture? Then I'm not the right guy.
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
josegegas

Post by josegegas »

Hi. I´ve been using FreeCAD for about five years and decided not to use any closed-surce software during my whole master´s and PhD. Only FreeCAD along with other CFD, MBD and FEA packages. I´d love to teach FreeCAD, and would be fantastic to make a bit of money our of teaching/developing open-source software.
ABeton

Post by ABeton »

Hello, I have also used FreeCAD in my studies both for architecture and industrial design, and I did several projects with the program already. If you need tutoring I would gladly do it. You can see one of the projects I am working on at the moment here: https://forum.freecadweb.org/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=57707
onekk
Veteran

Post by onekk »

Online tutorial, generally are not well done, as usually are not updated from time to time to make them in line with the user interface.

But as FreeCAD is evolving and many choices could be done to personalize (customize) it even in the GUI, the problems will arise, almost everytime.

Plus many users may not do online tutorial, for some reason, primarily internet bandwidth.

Other have some problems due to the fact that FreeCAD is internationally developed so maybe there are some people that could help, but maybe are not "american english fluent" (I'm among them, as my spoken english is very bad, and my written english is at "school level").

Said so there are many people around, maybe we could arrange to solve most of your problems, no big problem to make in place some "written" tutorials, at least about some "basics of FreeCAD", like those that could arise when starting to model.

Specific problem often are related also to the "work in progress" nature of FreeCAD, so a tutorial created for 0.17 is difficult usable on 0.19 or even with 0.18, such things have to be taken in account.

Feel free to contact me in PM, and I maybe we will find a "viable solution" to "dissipate some fog".

Regards

Carlo D.
GitHub page: https://github.com/onekk/freecad-doc.
- In deep articles on FreeCAD.
- Learning how to model with scripting.
- Various other stuffs.

Blog: https://okkmkblog.wordpress.com/
paullee
Veteran

Post by paullee »

JPH wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:26 pm I'm looking to hire a tutor in FreeCAD to take me from novice to intermediate. Online, scheduled, paid. I like to learn by doing and I wish to learn basic modeling to prepare some basic housing designs to pass off to an architect. I'm looking at a minimum of 20 hours, possibly more. I'm looking at paying $25/hour. Four hours paid up front at a time. One hour training sessions at a time. Is that reasonable? Please text Jason at 360-701-3490 if you'd like to tutor.
Is an Arch/BIM tutor required? You may highlight that in your topics for ease of catching target audience's attention.

@Yorik is the core developer of Arch/BIM WB as well as FreeCAD itself, see if he is interested or has more idea:)
yorik wrote: Ping