Part-Designer

Post here if you have a FreeCAD-related job to offer to the FreeCAD community. This can include programming or modeling.
Forum rules
Be nice to others! Respect the FreeCAD code of conduct!
chrisb
Veteran

Re: Part-Designer

Post by chrisb »

Here is my proposal, please have a look at it before the PDF is created.

These things are unclear:
- height of keyway
- height of thread
- height bottom
- outer diameter of bottom
- angle of bottom - or is it straight and looks only on the photo like being drafted?
- diameter of small rim below socket
- height of rim
- vertical position of small thread
- you talk about parallel faces, yet they look drafted?
SnipScreenshot-af0986.png
SnipScreenshot-af0986.png (33.43 KiB) Viewed 4629 times
Attachments
bicyclePart.FCStd
(867.8 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
Tole1970

Post by Tole1970 »

chrisb wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:29 pm Here is my proposal, please have a look at it before the PDF is created.

These things are unclear:
- height of keyway
- height of thread
- height bottom
- outer diameter of bottom
- angle of bottom - or is it straight and looks only on the photo like being drafted?
- diameter of small rim below socket
- height of rim
- vertical position of small thread
- you talk about parallel faces, yet they look drafted?
SnipScreenshot-af0986.png
Hi,
that is not bad. Now my answers:

- The keyway goes true the whole hight of the part.
. The Thres is app. 15 mm high.
- The bottom is 10 mm high.
- the outer diameter is not important.
- The bottom is straight.
. The rim is not important, it was a mistake during the produktion.
- The small thread is in the middle of the bottom part.
- The parallel faces is to fix the part with an 34 mm open end wrench. To disassembly the freewheel.

You could send me a PN then i can send you the payment.
Thank you.
Thomas
Rechtschreibfehler sind pure Absicht und dienen nur der Belustigung des Lesers. ;)
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Sorry for being slow, our heating broke down, and it was difficult to argue that it was more important to work on a FreeCAD model than getting the house warm.

I meant this measure of the keyway, or any equivalent meeasure like the keyway plus the shaft diameter:
Attachments
SnipScreenshot-cad7a6.png
SnipScreenshot-cad7a6.png (28.33 KiB) Viewed 4556 times
A Sketcher Lecture with in-depth information is available in English, auf Deutsch, en français, en español.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

The side of a 34mm hexagon head is 19.63mm. I have now chosen 40mm as outer diameter. This makes the sides 21.07mm long. Having 40mm outer diameter could be cheaper with the stock, and 21mm should be enough for the wrench.
Tole1970

Post by Tole1970 »

Zwischenablage01.jpg
Zwischenablage01.jpg (22.78 KiB) Viewed 4538 times
This is an other part. I hope you can see the dimension of the keyway.

The other dimensions seems to be ok.

Time is no Problem, no stress.
Rechtschreibfehler sind pure Absicht und dienen nur der Belustigung des Lesers. ;)
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Here is the model and the pdf. The payment should go to FreeCAD's Bountysource account.
Attachments
bicyclePart.pdf
(73.17 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
bicyclePart.FCStd
(846.26 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

I have to add, that the TechDraw document makes all recomputes extremely slow!. If you have changes to make, consider to switch recomputes of the page off by setting KeepUpdated= False.
Tole1970

Post by Tole1970 »

Hi, that is looking good. I paid 35 USD its almost 30€. Thank you very much.

Now i have a lot of time to learn for my big project. I want to create a tandem velomobil like the quaddrovelo/alpha7/Sunrider... but for two people. With an additional trailor for a 3. rd person.

I have to learn a lot and maybe i can find someone who want to do it together with me. But that person must be able to understand german.
chrisb
Veteran

Post by chrisb »

Tole1970 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:07 am Hi, that is looking good. I paid 35 USD its almost 30€. Thank you very much.

Now i have a lot of time to learn for my big project. I want to create a tandem velomobil like the quaddrovelo/alpha7/Sunrider... but for two people. With an additional trailor for a 3. rd person.

I have to learn a lot and maybe i can find someone who want to do it together with me. But that person must be able to understand german.
Thanks for the payment!

You may ask in the german forum for support. One thing to be learned from this project: don't model the threads explicitely. It is much work, and slows down the working on the model enormously.
onekk
Veteran

Post by onekk »

As for thread, usually, an indication of the external, diameter and the thread pitch is generally enough, as the part is produced prior turning the part and then threading on a late, eventually, thay are produced mainly on a lathe and then the parallel faces are milled.

the for lathe work, the diameter are essential, plus length, obviously.

Nominal diameter for a given thread are usually found in thread tables.

so a modelling the proper thread is a waste of time, as if you are not 3d print the model, it is totally not useful.

Generally there are almost two type of drawing:

- Production drawing, that are used by machinists (lathe and mill operators)
- Technical drawing that are put in "parts catalog", or manuals, or other technical documentation, and these have thread, but usually they are not "exactly" drawn as they are only showing the threaded part, maybe with an indication of the pitch and type of threads.

Deriving a piece from a technical drawing sometimes is difficult as for some threads, the nominal diameter is different from the non threaded part, so the production drawings have two diameter, one for the threaded part and one for the straight part, and these are not present in the techical drawings.

Hope having not bothered.

Regards

Carlo D.
GitHub page: https://github.com/onekk/freecad-doc.
- In deep articles on FreeCAD.
- Learning how to model with scripting.
- Various other stuffs.

Blog: https://okkmkblog.wordpress.com/